Corporate Banking Manager I
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Corporate Banking Manager I
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Corporate Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential, and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Corporate Banking Manager I.
To manage his/her MME team in order to increase and grow MME's asset and liability book; increase market share by acquiring new business and protecting and growing share of wallet of existing customers. The score of coverage is across the Klang Valley region.
- Ensure that the respective designated leaders / Account Managers develop and grow the portfolio allocated to them with excellent customer service and accelerating growth in income and marketing for new customers within their business segment;
- Review , direct, implement and strengthen the RCT MME asset and liability sales and other CMB products, implementing and controlling the sales management process and activity tracking of the team;
- Ensure that sales targets set are achieved to meet AOP strategic plan and be proactive in devising credit and sales policies to expedite the credit approval process;
- Research and identify prime prospects / projects, provide leads and sales aid / tools and credit risk assessment guidance for the MME Team;
- Be responsible for increase in business by championing and driving the launch of new asset and liability products and services; by planning and coordinating sales campaigns with the MME Team;
- Maintain and build rapport with valued customers and representing the Bank on official / social functions;
- Coach and devise appropriate training needs and develop selling skills of the CMB MME Team;
- Ensure the quality of CMB MME be kept high by recruiting the best available and qualified / suitable candidates;
- Sustain / balance bank's assets growth vide growing bank's liability base and benefiting from the upward interest rate environment;
- Work closely with MYH CMB Planning and Product Development, MYH MKT, CRM, CDA and all other Product Partners to ensure alignment of objective and resources;
- Provide total customer solutions to portfolio of clients;
- Adhere to Area Lending Guidelines (ALG), Compliance guidelines, BIM, BNM guidelines, Audit requirements and operational controls; maintain HSBC internal and external regulators' control standards with timely implementation of issues raised;
Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 10 years of managerial / operational experience in leadership and achieving of set targets
- Sound lending experience in commercial banking with exposure in corporate lending and trade services.
- Possess strong credit evaluation; good marketing and sales management skills.
- Be responsible for the management and growth of RCT CMB Assets and Liabilities in MME customer segment
- Be focused in sustaining / balancing bank's assets growth vide bank's liability base and benefiting from the upward interest ratre environment
- Manage and grow the existing Borrowing & NBCs apart from growing "totally new business names"
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- A good team player.