- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join the Malaysia Communications team in the role of Communications Manager, reporting to the Head of Communications, Malaysia, providing communications advice and execution for their respective countries in support of HSBC's strategy, purpose and values.
You will be responsible for both media relations and employee communications in Malaysia and advising, briefing and supporting the Global Business and Functions on communication matters, including: building and protecting HSBC's reputation: using insight to drive discussions and communications planning; and creating engaging content by using insight from internal and external measurement.
- Create and builds relationships with external stakeholders that will take an interest in, and want to talk about HSBC, whether positively or negatively (e.g. media, trade bodies).
- Utilises media relationships to deliver coverage for relevant Global campaigns and positioning for the global businesses that reinforces HSBC's leadership on priority global themes.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-border and cross-business media activity in support of key trade/business corridors or collaboration efforts.
- Responds quickly to a crisis, escalating appropriately and advising the business on reputation risk, calmly guiding them through what they should and should not communicate.
- Build and maintain a strong network of media contacts across mainstream national newspapers, business publications, broadcast and trade media
- Delivers global employee campaigns locally ensuring the messages match HSBC's values and resonate appropriately with the relevant audiences, adjusting them accordingly for country audience.
- Identifies themes and issues from multiple sources and pulls it together into a concise and insightful summary and utilises research and develop insights to provide communications counsel and help inform Country ExCo debate, decision-making and strategy.
- Identifies stories, pictures or metaphors that will help bring information and data to life in a way that will resonate with the audience ensuing alignment to Global Business/Function strategy and priorities.
- Proactively builds relationships with key local stakeholders, establish rapport and build relationships with people in or outside the function
- Collaborates with the regional and global Communications teams and other key stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of communications trends and international best practice.
- Strong communications experience and understanding of the financial sector, media environment and culture.
- Proven ability to operate within a global matrix and prioritise competing demands.
- Proven ability to align to a global strategy, whilst maintaining an awareness of local sensitivities and nuance.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills and ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
- Strong interpersonal skills and personal presence/credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and project management skills.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations.
- Proven crisis management skills.