Communications Executive (1 year contract)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 19 Apr 19
Communications Executive (1 year contract)
We are looking to welcome a talented and driven Communications professional to support our internal and employee communications with specific focus on Malaysia , and share important updates with Experian people. The role is instrumental in keeping people across Malaysia and APAC updated and engaged, to support high quality two-way employee communication and ensures that all internal messaging aligns with the broader Experian story.
The successful candidate will join our Internal Communications team and be based in Malaysia, focusing mainly on internal communications for the APAC region primarily focusing on Experian IT services. We need someone who is not afraid to challenge the norm, who can distil a message, and who pull off the odd magic trick. You will need to be confident and quick thinking, guiding our most senior leaders and our people through the daily challenges, while planning for the future.
You have energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, results-focused culture. You will have an outstanding understanding of communications channels and the ability to tell inspiring stories.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ROLE
- Reporting in to the Internal Communications Manager, you will provide communications counsel and guidance to all levels of the organisation - from senior leaders to the Malaysia business functions to employee groups - on the messaging for organisation-wide announcements, strategic initiatives and change management.
- You will prepare and execute an employee focused communications plan to enable structuring and sequencing of messages to all staff, liaising with global and regional counterparts and provide support to cascade the information effectively.
- Support the Internal Communications Manager to run the editorial component of the internal communications plan, and drive communications across multiple channels (including regional intranet) and bring the company strategy to life for all our staff.
- Project management including communications support for key Internal events such as townhalls, new project roll outs and help with communication of key EITS initiatives, e.g. Office365, Windows 10, End User computing etc.
- Prepare training materials & communications for new technology, e.g. use of WebEx Boards, Office 365, etc and content for TV screens, and other collateral to support internal communication campaigns & activities - to create a great User experience.
- You will work closely with communications representatives from APAC and Group to ensure we have consistent internal communications and accurate reporting of all communications activities across Experian.
- Review and ensure quality and consistency in all EITS APAC communications.
- Communicate team achievements, successes or progress update on important initiatives with the wider EITS team. You will also undertake a continuous programme of improvement for the team and our key stakeholders.
- Support me to prepare materials for the CIO's meetings, particularly for regional and Global meetings, townhalls etc. You should be adept at conveying ideas and information through slides, presentations and written materials.
- Source and work with vendors to prepare marketing collateral (videos, brochures) and other resources while negotiating to procure the best deal when required.
- Help us communicate our monthly performance report. This includes activities like network performance, upgrade or refresh activities to enhance / improve services
- You will demonstrate strong project management skills: with outstanding organisational and planning skills.
- You will support alignment of align your team's objectives with that of the wider business.
- You'll have the utmost discretion and be calm, logical, and confident - comfortable communicating with all levels and able to instil confidence.
- You will be self-motivated, able to work autonomously: a do-er, reliable, and with excellent writing and presentation skills.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience developing, implementing and managing internal communications campaigns in a large, fast paced organisation.
- Experience in the business-to-business market for information services, analytics services or high technology products is a plus, as is in business consulting firm.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (in English) with adaptable style for digital content, traditional media and multi-cultural teams.
- Hands on experience with design and video editing tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Illustrator etc.) will be an advantage.
- A passion for impacting business performance through employee engagement
- Experience of working on engagement strategy, and an understanding of engagement methodology, planning and measurement tools
- Strong story-telling competence and capability to drive employee engagement. The ability to plan effectively and deliver to strict deadlines
- The ability to develop strong relationships with key champions, advocates and colleagues. Should have experience engaging across stakeholders and borders, building lasting relationships, and an ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation.
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization where a significant amount of personal interaction is done through teleconferences and video conferences
- The ability to be self-directed and able to respond quickly to changing needs and unplanned events
- Proven ability to work well cross functionally
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is essential. Exposure to SharePoint an advantage.
- Ability to quickly grasp the business-to-business market across verticals and regions is expected.
- This is a great opportunity for a driven and experienced Communications practitioner to be part of a team that is responsible for delivering inspiring and influential communications across the region.
- It offers strong career development opportunities and profile exposure at local, regional and global levels.