Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
- Involve in system projects including but not limited to Workflow Management Tool, ePOS and Robotics.
- Prepare business requirements (in the absence of a Business Analyst).
- Work with the existing New Business team to improve current processes by leveraging on technology.
- Underwrites and accepts applications for life insurance up to conferred authority and to refer those exceeding acceptance limits to superiors with recommendations for action (on month end only).
- Involvement in Projects.
- Underwrites New Business Applications
- Make sure projects that are owned by New Business Team to be delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide timely and adequate support to projects owned by other departments.
- Ensure underwriting decisions are in compliance with the company underwriting guideline.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Life underwriting, insurance data warehouse management systems, business requirement documents, project management skills.
- Good command of English (Knowledge of Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia will be an added advantage).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work across different functional teams.
- Holds substandard life underwriting authority.
- Experience with systems related projects.
- Bachelor of Science.
- At least 5 years' experience in life underwriting with substandard authority of +50%em.
- At least 2 years' experience in systems related projects
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of September 30, 2019, we had over $1.2 trillion (US$881 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.8 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.