Chief Administrative Office (CAO) and Strategy Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of small, medium-sized and middle-market enterprises, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, wealth management and insurance and global trade and receivables finance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Business Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps customers make the most of opportunities for their businesses.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Chief Administrative Office (CAO) and Strategy Manager
. Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic planning, execution and performance management support for Wholesale Banking.
- Support the implementation of People Strategy, in line with HR requirements ensuring people are engaged, well managed and supported.
- Act as contact point to DBS sub-functions which are providing services to Wholesale Banking, including but not limiting to: IT, Operations, CRE, Procurement.
- Delivery/Performance - support the development of the "service catalogue" which articulates what Wholesale / DBS agreed scope of 'services', with appropriate supporting benchmarks, metrics and reporting on efficiency, effectiveness, quality and success of those 'services'
- Cost Insights and Financial Management - provide robust financial planning, management, tracking and reporting of performance, with support from CMB Finance
- Management of businesses' location strategy and utilisation of premises, in conjunction with CRE, including occupancy demand forecasting; footprint optimisation.
- Deliver strategic initiatives focused on improving frontline effectiveness and overall business productivity through the effective use of business analytics, deployment of digital tools as well as process simplification.
- Identify opportunities to improve customer experience through regular use of customer insight and feedback.
- Deliver effective and efficient processes and engagement models across Wholesale Banking and DBS.
- Ensure that all CAO function deliverables to stakeholders are concise, precise and impactful.
- Manage internal provision of services where agreed in the Blueprint.
- Provide advisory support on payment and FEA related matters.
- Provide administrative and senior management support to the Wholesale Banking and WCOO community.
- Manage relationship between COO Office and DBS.
- Make considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values and reputation.
- Strong collaboration and engagement with DBS.
- A good team player to support CAO team.
- Achieve key governance mechanisms for DBS services provided to the business, ensuring these are sustainable and& effectively delivered versus articulated success criteria.
- Provide support to business stakeholders across the areas of governance, organisational design and transformational activities.
- Ensure compliance with all operational risk frameworks.
Knowledge and Experience;
- Degree in related field or commensurate practical experience
- Possess financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualize financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Understanding of HSBC structures, processes and objectives across the Group.
- Knowledge of the external environment-regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Knowledge of Wholesale Banking& DBS-functionally, operationally and financially.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment (Risk, regulatory, political, competitors etc)
- Ability to distil complex and varied information into useful, insightful and concise recommendations.
- Ability to support business transformation activities
Focus and Energy;
- Pro-active and delivery focused.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Committed to personal development
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across Wholesale business and DBS.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to recognize the global remit of this role
- Ability to build senior relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with senior executives, non-executives, regulators, third parties and internal management teams.
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships across a globally distributed matrix organization.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Experience of managing staff in a matrix environment without direct line management responsibility.
- Possess relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.