Card Ops & UL Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
Card Ops & UL Manager
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Operations is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organisation with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
We are currently seeking experienced individual to join our Cards & Unsecured Loans Business Services's team within HOST Operations in a GCB 5 role as the Cards & Unsecured Loans Business Services Manager .
Cards & Unsecured Loans Business Services (CLBS) is a unit within the HOST Operations team. The unit is primarily responsible for handling all cards and unsecured loans related matters post approval. CLBS is divided into 3 sections, i.e. Dispute/Chargeback/Corporate Cards/Helpdesk, Card Issuance/Vendor Management/POD and BT/CIP/Billing/Unsecured Loans/Staff loans.
- Management of the day to day operation of the Dispute, Fraud Processing, Corporate cards and Helpdesk teams which include management of claims from cardholders due to fraud/unauthorised transactions on credit and debit cards, performing chargeback to the acquirer via the Card Scheme, reporting of fraud/other losses to BNM, on-boarding and maintenance of corporate/business cards, rewards fulfilment and handling of queries logged into CCTS;
- To work closely with RBWM, CMB and PMG in ensuring that servicing are conducted in a timely manner and manage the risks associated with the processes.
- Ensures the operating procedures for the department/section comply with BIM/FIM/MYH/BNM audit and compliance requirements;
- Contribute to the performance & development of staff by providing on-the-job training and identifying staff development requirements;
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring;
- Relief other functions in Card Operations and Loan Business Services;
- Deputise for the Head of Cards & Unsecured Loans
- Minimum 5 years experience in operations;
- Good understanding and knowledge of cards business (credit and debit cards).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to a wide range of individuals and groups and at different levels of seniority.
- Self starter with attention to details combined with strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage continually changing priorities effectively.
- Project management skill will be an added advantage.
Skills / Attributes
- Strong knowledge of Card Operations function.
- Strong team player with an energetic, enthusiastic and flexible working style;
- A team leader who is able to lead, motivate and guide a team;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work independently;
- Good at multi-tasking and able to prioritise jobs that are time critical;
- Able to work under pressure and for extended hours whenever required;
- Strong interest in improving the current processes and enhancing customer service ;
- Is customer-oriented and maintains a proactive approach in problem ;
Applications for promotion must meet the Internal Resourcing Policy (ICL08104 dated 03JUN2008) and minimum eligibility criteria (please refer to the HBMY Intranet under Human Resources webpage/ Guideline on Career Progression - Non Executives).