The Operations Quality Assurance (QA) hub is the essential function team to perform continuous monitoring and testing on existing controls to meet increasing demand on mitigating control residual risk and self-assessment from regulators. As a line function, the role has continued to evolve to fit
The Operations Quality Assurance (QA) hub is the essential function team to perform continuous monitoring and testing on existing controls to meet increasing demand on mitigating control residual risk and self-assessment from regulators. As a line function, the role has continued to evolve to fit the demand from both Operation management and control environment and be more efficient and effective to assure the quality of operation production.
QA is responsible for testing and executing the quality assurance on Operation BAU performance to support business on a sustainable and healthy manner. QA works in partnership with the OCM to provide the Operations BAU team with a comprehensive view of control execution quality on an ongoing basis.
This role is a combination of routine QA testing, project management, and advisory role for APAC QA and OCM community. The person will be working closely with the regional/country department head, regional/country OCM managers, APAC QA hub sub-teams/local team members and other stakeholders to help facilitate QA business and various initiatives, evaluate the execution quality of the control for CIB Operations. Also, the person will be expected to lead the local team and work closely with senior management to help assist in planning for a QA and control strategy.
- Acting as trusted Operations control execution quality appraiser and as a first line of defense with Operations on the control agenda
- Conducting sample testing on selective operation processing to match with management or regulatory requirement
Design and Lead Quality Assurance in APAC
- Build up Quality Assurance team in Malaysia and extent services to APAC countries
- Plan and design an effective QA Program for APAC CIB Operations – the program should cover across various businesses (Wholesale Payments Operations and Markets)
- Implement the program by partnering with OCM colleagues and Operation partners
- Monitor the effectiveness and result of the program. Identify problem statement and link to the next step.
- Report to the senior management on findings and improvement points.
- Perform the QA as a tester or QA reviewer
- Responsible for governance of quality testing across relevant operations functions
- Review the operation related meeting deck and participate or chair the internal operation control meetings
- Facilitate risk review and self-assessments for QA from the internal / external 3rd party check within operations
- Support operation quality testing and closely monitor the progress to ensure the completion within deadline
- Oversee the implementation of actions required in SOP embedded into testing steps timely
- Monitor and oversee timely closure of QA finding and action plans
Manage and Drive Productivity Improvement
- Driving Automation (optimization) of QA process to scale up coverage and productivity
- Facilitating and oversighting the Risk Audit Mitigation Program or other control relevant scheme.
- Prepare and facilitate the regular control governance meeting and monitor the metrics or relevant scorecards
- Conducting trend analysis via metrics that were reported
- Drive the Automation/AI (optimization) program of QA process regionally
- Utilize Alteryx, IDQ, Qlikview, Tableau, Robotics, Xceptor, AI, ChatBot, or any other digital solution to deliver a more efficient process in variety of areas including but not limited to; MIS and report preparation, QA and self-tests, etc.
Ensure a constant and quality delivery of the solution which can eliminate the manual checks and reviews done regionally
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Previous relevant corporate bank product or securities or future and options knowledge
- Previous relevant working experience in bank or securities firm, future and options firm
- Previous relevant Control/Audit/Operational Risk/Compliance Testing/Operation experience
- Previous people management experience is a plus
- A strong Project Management, Capacity and Time Management skill
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Good communication skills and ability to approach complex problems in a structured way driving through solutions across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to produce clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation
- Strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Good organization and time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks within tight timeline
- Be able to manage and deliver on multiple streams of work concurrently
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- A relevant professional qualification, technique skillsets, automation/AI/digitalization experience is desirable
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English, and good communication in Chinese is a plus