CIB Operations - Client OnBoarding - Analyst
Who We Are
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $26 trillion of assets under custody and $485 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The Client OnBoardinging Specialist (KYC Specialist) will perform KYC process of JP Morgan potential clients. He/She will participate in onboarding efforts and projects to clean up data and documentation and coordinate with other areas as needed (COB, Compliance, Sales, and Client Service). The role is responsible for ascertaining that all KYC and AML policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client's KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the business.
- Liaise with Front Office on client on-boarding / sales for required documents and sign-off
- Timely review of client's KYC documentation in accordance with the firms AML/KYC policies and procedures
- Validate accuracy of data in KYC platforms and ensure completeness of document package
- Validate all documentation uploaded into the KYC tool
- Complete onboarding efforts and projects to clean up data and documentation and coordinate with other areas as needed (COB, Compliance, Sales, Client Service)
Skills & Experience
- lndividual must be detail oriented and self-directing
- Ideal candidate would be a quick learner, highly motivated and have a 'can do' attitude.
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable working as a team and able to lead a team to deliver results
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 5 years of KYC experience, preferably in Corporate Investment Banking
- Strong working knowledge of KYC / CIP / AML rules and regulations
- Experienced in client Due Diligence, risk assessment and vetting of negative news.
- Excellent technical, analytical and research skills.
- Working knowledge of screening and research tools such as World-Check, OFAC, LexisNexis and Factiva.
- Multi language capability and written and spoken Mandarin is an added advantage
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.