CDD Policy Implementation Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 23 May 19
CDD Policy Implementation Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a CDD Policy Implementation Manager to represent CIB and CB engagement with FCC in the development and deployment of KYC/CDD Policies & Procedures for CIB & Commercial clients.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Policy formulation & alignment;
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, including the Hub and throughout the SCB network, to drive a common understanding of CDD policies & procedures;
- Liaise between FCC & Business/Operations to provide input into KYC/CDD policy & procedures drafting;
- Engage with Business, Regional CDD Risk Managers, COBAM heads, CET Leads & FCC teams as key stakeholders in the implementation of policy changes;
- Develop KYC/CDD operational guidance (including Process Flows and Departmental Operating Instructions) for issuance to the network;
- Continuous improvement of KYC/CDD processes;
- Work closely with PGCs, Operational Risk Heads and CDD Regional Risk Managers to continuously enhance the quality of the guidance issued to the network based on feedback and thematic issues identified through the QA processes;
- Work closely with the Systems team to identify areas of potential automation;
- Business Training;
- Work with FCC & L&D teams, and coordinate with CIB and CB country process owners, to develop training plans & materials to meet the needs for all parties throughout the value chain, and prepare the network to implement and support updates to the CDD policy;
- Collaborate with COBAM & CET to provide the required support in assessing training needs, design & delivery of technical training;
- Record training modules for publication to the network.
- Masters or Bachelors degree;
- Subject matter expert in KYC/CDD & knowledge of the global regulatory environment and the ongoing developments. Knowledge of global Client Tax AEOI regulations advantageous;
- Experience in developing, interpreting & applying AML policy in the context of a Client/Enhanced Due Diligence process;
- Knowledge of and experience in meeting Anti Money Laundering Regulations for both Banks and Broker Dealers, including Anti Money Laundering Ordinance, Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act and associated Securities and Exchange Commission, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, JMLSG guidance and expectations;
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions, and use independent judgement;
- Broad understanding of CIB business & products;
- Understanding of the legal structures of various client entity types including financial institutions, corporate organisations, funds;
- Excellent professional written & oral communication skills required;
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders;
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to build relationships with FCC & stakeholders in the Business and Operations;
- Can work independently to strict timeframes;
- Focused, organised and results-oriented;
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders. Ability to influence senior staff and offshore shared services teams and drive change agenda; and
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.