Business Revenue Accountant
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 26 May 19
Business Revenue Accountant
This position will be:
- Supporting North America (NA) Revenue Accounting
- Performing account reconciliations at various levels of difficulty
- Analyzing supporting documentation with professional skepticism and technical knowledge
- Evaluating addition information needed to complete reconciliations.
- Researching variances or missing support, as well as ensuring the reconciliations meet all necessary audit and quality review standards.
This role will also collaborate with the NA Revenue Accounting team on keeping the reconciliation instructions up to date and implementing necessary changes with the continuous improvement mind-set.
The business revenue analyst will also maintain detailed desktop procedures for each account reconciliation. At month end, quarter end and year end closes, the business revenue analyst will support journal entries booking and work closely with NA Revenue Accounting team on proposing and automating journals for Oracle GL.
Requiring high technical accounting, Excel, analytical and communication skills. Strong understanding of hierarchies as they apply to complex reconciliation structures/ layers.
The successful candidate will be a self-driven individual that drives reconciliations to completions, communicates open items effectively and resolves them efficiently within the allotted time frames.
- Drive the month end close process and monthly forecasting process for relevant business lines.
- Timely and accurate preparation of the monthly reporting and forecasting information.
- Management of revenue planning in accordance with IFRS15 Revenue for Contracts.
- Calculation of month-end revenue and direct costs in accordance with Global policies.
- Working with the business to understand performance, revenue contract accounting, issues and trends.
- Achieve revenue assurance through detailed knowledge of contracts and timely instruction of billing milestones.
- Maintaining accurate calculation of accrued and deferred revenue balance with the Controllership.
- Ensure appropriate evidence and documentation of revenue contracts in compliance with IFRS15.
- Prepare various ad hoc financial analyses as required from time to time to support ongoing business decisions
- Exposure to all financial areas of the business.
- Opportunity to drive improvements under the Finance Transformation initiative, covering areas such as data quality, management reporting and business partnering.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required from time to time to support ongoing business decisions.
- Must be adept at understanding and working with new systems.
- Effective use of financial accountings systems (Hyperion) for managing monthly results and forecasts.
- Transfer knowledge and training to any new hires on the systems and processes which are in place.
- Work with the business, systems teams and corporate teams to improve regional effectiveness and efficiency through streamlining the processes/systems integration/information flow.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
The role is high-profile with frequent exposure to senior management (both in Finance and across the wider business). The successful applicant will need be presentable, confident and articulate. Ability to work to tight deadlines is a fundamental requirement.
Education and Qualifications:
Qualified Chartered Accountant with strong university degree qualification. A member of internationally recognised accountancy qualification would be an advantage, i.e. CPA, ACA, CGMA (CIMA) or equivalent.
Experience of working in a Financial Accounting or FP&A function (3+ years), including dealing with stakeholders in different global locations.
- Good knowledge of Oracle OBIEE and Noetix knowledge would be of an advantage
- Knowledge of and experience using financial reporting systems (such as Hyperion SmartView) would be preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
Experiences & Skills:
- Strong organisation skills
- Proactive individual, with ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills- ability to think of pragmatic solutions to analytical challenges
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint - with an ability to build complex financial models and graphs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resilient and durable, able to maintain momentum in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in an effective manner.
- Ability to work per strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Customer and output focused
- Highly effective communication and presentation of propositions and solutions. Deliver and pitch ideas to a wide audience at different levels
- Process efficiency approach to everything. Making manual processes or reports more automated/macro-driven.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a virtual regional team
The successful candidate will:
- Have the opportunity to support senior management
- Develop modelling, forecasting & presentational skills.
- Liaise with other functional areas such as Sales, Delivery, Marketing and HR.
- Have the opportunity to develop a strong network of contacts across the entire business.
- From a career path perspective, this role being in the regional hub, could lead to other opportunities for the individual down the line both within the regional finance team; or in the business.