Business Development, Loan Platforms
Are you a dynamic thinker with a high level of attention to detail? Do you enjoy applying your knowledge of practices and procedures to help customers with complex business solutions?
We are looking for an experienced professional/Senior Associate within the Loan Platforms business to play a critical role in expanding as well as retaining our existing client base. You will be an SME on a wide range of tools for the complex syndicated loan asset class, responsible for the roll-out of new initiatives, and work regularly with your colleagues in product, client management and sales to create and execute business growth and implement new solutions. The perfect candidate will thrive in a team environment, is self-motivated, and demonstrates a strong understanding of the financial services industry and the vendor/client relationship.
Core responsibilities include
- Help drive all aspects of business development including lead generation and client onboarding, relationship building, high level solutions design, and contracts/pricing
- Daily interaction with clients, including product demos and presentations
- Relationship development and cultivation with key customers and prospects, including identify opportunities and solutions to ensure client satisfaction
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors including a strong understanding of client need
- Lead new initiatives/campaigns with clients, ensuring successful adoption and training
- Work closely with client data and reports, including database queries and new report generation for business intelligence and market analysis
- Prepare and analyze commercial proposals and contracts
- Review existing contracts and work with legal and the business to ensure they reflect the most up to date language and terms.
- Maintain key client account details, accurate pipeline and forecasting
- Support the global Business and Business Development team
Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the candidate will represent the Loan Platforms business and be part of an experienced global Business Development team who cover the North America, EMEA and APAC regions. This will include working with IHS Markit's best in breed platforms within the syndicated loan market, including ClearPar, Loan Reconciliation and Notice Manger.
- Bachelor's degree and previous syndicated loan market experience either within a bank or technology firm
- Client-facing experience and experience building strong client relationships
- Experience of managing or supervising a team of any size
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience presenting and providing demos to clients and senior stakeholders
- Have the ability to interpret legal documents and identify areas of risk for the business to our legal partners and suggest alternative terminology.
- Expertise in Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and ideally IHS Markit products (i.e. ClearPar, Loan Platforms)
- You will be a confident presenter and possess the ability to create polished internal and external presentations and demonstrations.
- Strong technical acumen including database skills (SQL Server) preferable, and the application of business rules in report analysis, generation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong in English communications skills, both written and oral.
- Organized with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and client projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-motivated individual who can work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers, while also completing projects independently.
- Committed to helping develop your colleague's skills, and promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Delivering the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
- Passionate about this asset class and wanting to evolve it. Keep up to date on industry changes and news and information in the market.
Competitive base salary
Training and career growth opportunities
Be part of a growing and dynamic business
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.