Business Analyst (ePMO)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Processes
Role will be accountable for the following activities:
People and Talent
- Ensuring all system enhancement requests received from Portfolios are carefully analysed and reviewed to understand the core business problem statement.
- Help users to be able to state the business value which will be created by their request and their minimum acceptance criteria for the request.
- Document clear unambiguous user stories based on the requirements and liaise with development teams to answer all queries.
- Be able to advise Product Owners how requests align to their product strategies. Recommend grouping and placement of user stories within sprints to the Product Owners to maximise logical development.
- Document clear test cases based on the user stories to define how each one will be tested and ensure this is documented in the correct location.
- Perform UAT testing on each development and provide feedback to development teams and the Product Owner.
- Attend daily stand ups where required to provide updates on each user story and advise of any impediments.
- Work with development teams and ePMO communications manager to draft user guides and release notes which are easily digestible by the project management community. Brief the PM community on these documents and be able to answer all questions which are posed.
- Where required create training material and conduct training sessions for changes where it is deemed this is required.
- Liaise with relevant Process Owners and review ePMO artefacts, including PM Standards and supporting documents, to determine whether any changes are required to reflect changes made to systems.
- Train and coach users on the system enhancement request process so that requests are submitted and processed in the correct manner, and that sufficient information is input into the request in the correct template, to ensure requests can be processed in an efficient way.
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, and team.
- Keep up to date with industry best practice.
- Promote a culture of innovation across ePMO teams in KL and Singapore.
- Identify key issues based on the requirements gathered for each user story and put in place appropriate controls and measures to ensure no overall increase in operational risk for each new piece of functionality.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure that the development of all user stories adheres to the principles of Project Management Standards.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the ePMO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- ePMO partners and Communication Manager
- Clarity and Tableau development teams
- Project management community across all Portfolios who are raising user stories
- Portfolio PMOs
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .