Business Analyst Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Wholesale Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. The team applies a balance of intellectual and technical strength, people skills and values-based leadership to engage and constructively challenge the business with critical thinking and innovative insights that yield valuable new approaches to the way we do business.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Business Analyst Manager
- Advocate and promote the use of data science to drive fact based activity and behaviour in Wholesale Banking
- Take full ownership of internal data mining/modelling process, understanding and managing a range of analytical and modelling projects from inception to delivery
- Consult with business users on need for models and make modelling recommendations
- Develops predictive models, performs data mining and decisions support activities related to business growth or risk mitigation
- Providing analytical solutions to address business needs of Wholesale Banking using various statistics and techniques in the development of various analysis and Management Information (MI)s
- Producing insights derived from analysis to measure the key performance of business, study the trend / movement of customers / portfolios and hence identify business risk / opportunity
- Developing effective and enduring relationships with various stakeholders to understand, recommend and drive delivery against business agenda
- Working with and liaising with analytical teams across multiple functions to share knowledge and best practice
- Reports to Head of Business Analytics who is responsible for the business unit.
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or a related field of study.
- At least 2-5 years of customer analytics experience, preferably in banking and financial sector.
- Working knowledge of using Python, SQL, SAS, Google BigQuery or similar analytically oriented programming languages.
- Solid technical skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge in other business intelligence or analytics tools will be advantageous.
- High technical aptitude, problem solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, motivation, and passion for data discovery, combined with outstanding business acumen.
- Open minded and self-motivated with good communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent planning/organization skills, good time-management and has strong follow-through abilities and attention to detail.
- Good team player, committed, able to work independently and under pressure to meet project timeline.