Business Analyst - Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Capco (The Capital Markets Company Ltd.)
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
A Word About Us
Capco is a global consultancy dedicated solely to the Financial Services industry, with over 4,000 people in 20+ offices across Asia, North America, and Europe. We are the disruptor of the financial services consulting industry, we deliver projects for the world’s leading financial institutions (over 75% of the top 100 banks) in areas including:
- Capital Markets
- Finance, Risk & Compliance
- Wealth & Investment Management
As financial institutions are hit with waves of regulation, cost pressures, and the rise of nontraditional competitors, we help our clients simplify complexity to remain relevant. With our deep Financial Services expertise combined with our nimble entrepreneurial values, we think like a start-up and execute like a multi-national. Through our hands-on consulting expertise, we go beyond strategy. We create target operating models, reduce costs, design digital interfaces, reengineer processes, manage risk and regulatory compliance – In short, we help form the Future of Finance.
Capco Asia Pacific currently operates in multiple locations across Asia – Hong Kong (Asia Headquarters), Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangalore, Pune, Tokyo, and Thailand, with each office conveniently located in the close proximity to the banks. Our people are passionate about collaborating with our clients to tackle the pressing issues facing Asia’s financial services industry, and we have grown to over 1 600 people in APAC as a result.
As we continue to grow our latest venture, the Thailand practice, we are on the look-out for people motivated to build the local practice, drive financial services transformation to benefit the people and businesses of Thailand, and have the passion and energy for client service.
To aid our aggressive growth plans in Malaysia, Capco is looking for strong and dynamic individual with experience. Examples of deliverables/ responsibilities include:
· Preparing, facilitating, documenting and participating in client meetings/
· Conducting structured gathering, research and analysis
· Developing and evaluating procedures, controls, user requirements and
functional specifications to identify gaps between current state and future
· Creating business requirement documents (BRD’s) into use
cases/functional specifications for customization
· Requirements gathering, functional requirements, user stories and
documenting business/data/application/technology architectures,
requirements and business rules
· Business process models/design, logical data models, standards and
· Documenting and explaining problems and works to resolve software
defects, whilst ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction
· Analyzing, developing and proposing enhancements to current business
processes, reports and applications in order to optimize system
effectiveness whilst conducting customer interviews and producing meeting
Key Requirements: Skills / Experience / Qualification
Types of experience & skills that we are looking for:
- University education and degree (preferable business or IT related), and strong academic record
- Experience working in the scrum/Agile environment
- Experience in requirements management and/or process modeling
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies, e.g. RUP, Kanban, SCRUM, Waterfall
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Written and spoken in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture