Business Analyst – Global Banking Analytics
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for Global Banking (GB) and Commercial Banking(CB) Analytics, which will include data sourcing, data transformation, predictive modelling and creating Tableau dashboards. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create strong blending data capabilities within team so that we can come up with useful client information from data very quickly
• Engage with business stakeholders' cross countries and gather requirement and liaise with ETL team to get the required data preparation.
• Promote analytics driven decision making processes across multiple segments/product portfolios
• Engage and execute the dashboards on Tableau or similar visualization tools
• Explore statistical and automation tools like R, SAS, Python for predictive and prescriptive analytics
• Engage relevant technology teams to embed advanced statistical tools
• Prepare and/or contribute to regular updates for various committees and governance forums
• Provide insights to senior management and the network based on MIS and analytics
• Highlight any perceived risks and early alerts to the management based on data analytics
• Perform data validation and dashboard performance optimization
• IMO Performance Improvement Team
• COBAM and CDD Central Team
• Technology / EDMp database team
• GB COO team
• GTO / Development Team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
• A proven track record with 4 years or more of relevant analytics work experience and demonstrated career progression/increase in responsibilities
• Strong academic record: Degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of either SAS, R or Python
• Strong understanding of Hadoop Database
• Strong Knowledge of Tableau or similar visualization tools
• Experience with file formats like JSON, XML and CSV
• Accessing data from API's would also be hugely beneficial
• Proficient in excel and SQL
• Knowledge of statistical modelling and machine learning will be an added plus
• Understanding of the ETL process
• Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills
• Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to influence without authority
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in project management from business requirement definition, solution validation, user testing, technical documentation and production roll out
• Ability to manage multiple work streams with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management
Associate Director, Global Banking Data Analytics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .