About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Business Analyst (BA) supports the Product Owner in engaging business stakeholders, eliciting great requirements, creating detailed user stories and calculating business value of Product Backlog items.
A member of the Delivery Team in the Agile Scrum framework, the BA also assists the team in areas of analysis
(Continuous Improvement), UX
(User eXperience) and QA
The Business Analyst
- Continuously engages with the Product Owner, the Delivery Team and applicable business stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance) to gather and verify requirements, exchange feedback, align product expectations and resolve issues.
- Collaborates with Delivery Team, Product Owner, Programme Owner and Delivery Owner to define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) based on business requirements and business value.
- Creates User Stories in Product Backlog (based on programme vision) in close alignment with Product Owner and defines Acceptance Criteria in close alignment with Delivery Team.
- Helps the Product Owner to ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, clear and understood.
- Participates in Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning, contributing to defining the Sprint Goal, estimating User Stories and ensuring these meet Definition of Ready criteria.
- Participates in Agile ceremonies such as daily team Stand-up, Sprint Demo or Retrospective.
- Supports the team to develop both, Definition of Ready and Done.
- Defining test cases for User Acceptance/ Verification Testing (UAT/ UVT), performs testing if required.
- Supports PO to ensure deliverables are of the desired quality and in engaging applicable stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Ops Risk, CTM & Key Governance) for required approvals and sign-offs.
- Could serve the team as SME (Subject Matter Expert) on Bank and Country processes such as risk regulations, compliance and delivery frameworks.
Our Ideal Candidate
- RPBWM [Agile Scrum Team] Product Owner, Scrum Master, Delivery Team (Engineers, QA Managers, etc)
- RPBWM [Programme] Programme Owner, Delivery Owner, Programme Manager, Delivery Lead, Product SME, Transformation Lead, Agile Coach
- RPBWM T&I Management Team
- RPBWM - applicable internal technology stakeholders
- RPBWM - applicable internal business stakeholders and support functions (e.g. regional and country stakeholders, Audit, Legal & Compliance, etc)
- The Business Analyst is a critical and strategic thinker, decisive and analytically minded, solution-oriented, user-focused and business-savvy with exceptional communication, collaboration, people and conduct management skills. They can successfully engage with many different personalities/ stakeholders and reach consensus when necessary.
- Successful SCB Business Analysts typically benefit from substantial experience in business analysis, data analysis/ science, product owner, product management, quality assurance or project management roles within the financial or tech industries and at least some experience with agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming, LeSS, SAFe).
- 3-5 years' experience in the Cybersecurity domain to determine the most effective way to deliver and protect security measures across processes and information systems. Must be familiar with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53 security controls and/or ISO 27000 and Control Objectives for Information Related Technology (COBIT)
- Prior experience in Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) framework is highly desirable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.