Branch Manager, Jalan Bukit Bintang Branch MY
JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE BRANCH MANAGER (BM) Grade Location
Branch Reports To
Regional Director Others Reporting & Relationship
1. Customer Service Manager (CSM)
2. Relationship Manager (RM)
3. Personal Financial Consultant (PFC)
4. Customer Service Officer (CSO)
5. Customer Service Representative (CSR)
6. Service Ambassador (SA)
7. Service Manager (SM)
8. Financial Service Consultant (FSC) Job Purpose
Lead and manage all branch staff to deliver consistent Customer Experience, and to achieve optimal profitability as well as business targets in line with CIMB Bank's strategic objectives. Key Products
• Housing Loan
• Consumer Loan
• Credit Loan
• Unit Trust
• Structure Products/ Deposits
• EB Loans (applicable only is Branch has SME desk
• Remittance KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Planning • To develop branch sales plans in line with regional sales plans.
• To identify sales opportunities, formulate and manage execution of sales plans and campaigns.
• To acquire new leads (e.g. through corporate talks, networking with agents, lawyer, developers)
• To assign sales leads and referrals (if any) to sales team and ensure prompt attendance and follow up is taken.
• To effectively manage the target setting and cascading processes by:
- Reviewing sales target for branch sales team jointly with Regional Director.
- Allocating and communicating targets to branch sales team. Sales / Operations Management • To manage branch sales team to deliver optimal performance by:
- Performing all institutionalised DRM and sales management routine according to the required frequency.
- Motivating, coaching and counselling branch team.
- Monitoring team's performance and exploring opportunities to improve perfomance levels.
- Ensuring sales team is updated on latest product information and sales effectiveness techniques (i.e. engage Segment Support to conduct Sales Clinics)
• To manage day-to-day branch operational and physical activites.
• To resolve operational and admnistrative issues and escalate all critical or unresolved issues to Regional Director. Sales Execution • To approve fully collaterised personal loans (e.g, OD, ASB) up to RM1,000,000
• To approve FD rate exceptions (max. 5 basis points)
Customer Relationship • To develop and implement strategies to improve customer waiting time and deliver high Service Quality
• To build and maintain long term and profitable relationship with key customers, including major depositors and valued customers.
• To resolve customer and sales team-related issues and escalate all crictical or unresolved issues to the RD.
• To actively obtain feedback from customers and branch sales team on areas of improvement (e.g. product, process, pricing, competitor information) and channel feedback to RD.
• To ensure turnaround times for credit applications, approvals, and disbursement are within required service levels. Compliance • To manage annual financial budgets, monitor budget utilisation and profitability of branch through effecitve asset and human capital management.
• To comply with all reporting requirements including:
- AMLA (daily) & SHARP (daily via system, review of digital video recording forthightly) to be submitted to MOS
- Branch Services/ Merchandising and Housekeeping Audit (monthly) to be submitted to MOS
- Monthly Feedback Reporting to be submitted to RD and
- Branch monthly minutes of meeting to be submitted to RD and MOS.
• To ensure branch team adheres strictly to CIMB policies and procedures, including credit control procedures, audit compliances and BNM guidelines
• To maintain strict control over credit risk:
- Appropriately use of approval authority for daily overdrawan amounts, waivers of late charges.
- Reviewing and recommending credit applications with strict adherence to CIMB Bank's credit policy
- Act as a Chairman of the branch OSHA Committee People Management • To participate in the selection and recruitment of branch team members
• To conduct formal performance appraisal and perform career planning for branch team members (e.g. recommendation for promotion, training needs and internal transfer).
• To ensure branch team members attend designated training
• To manage branch sales team to deliver optimal performance by coaching, motivating and exploring opportunites to improve performance level.
• To provide leadership and guidance to all branch staff to ensure effective coordination and drive cost selling activities.
• To maintain an environment which promote success, teamwork and professional growth Key Performance Indicators Qualifications
* Note: The qualification indicated are
the ideal requirements for the position.
Exception may apply to internally promoted staff
on performance 1. University degree (preferably in Finance-related studies, including Accounting, Economics, Business etc.) Experience
Minimum of 5-10 years relevant sales experience in the banking and financial industry Education & Training
(or Equivalent) n/a Skill/ Competencies
*To be updated based on Competency Model
1. Impact and Influence
2. Good networking skills
3. Results oriented and customer centric
4. Developing self and others
5. Team Leadership
6. Good business ettiqutte and image
7. Sound product knowledge of all consumer products
8. Strategic planning skills Qualifications
University degree (preferably in Finance-related studies, including Accounting, Economics, Business etc.)