Banking Operations Consumer Manager
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Operations is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organisation with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our payments team in the role of Banking Operations Consumer Manager.
The role is to assist the management of Banking Operations Consumer (BOC) on routine operations and administration of BOC function to maximize efficiency, productivity and profitability of the Bank. Principal Accountabilities
Qualifications Skills / Attributes
- Maintain optimum operational efficiency of BOC by ensuring the business service department functions within the parameters laid down.
- Safeguards the Bank from potential loss by ensuring the work quality is not compromised.
- To ensure service levels are met within the stipulated SLA timelines by both internal and external (vendors) parties without compromising quality of operations.
- Staff development; identifying staff's skill and knowledge gaps and recommending their training needs, guiding, coaching and counseling them towards their performance and development. Ensure performance management is done on a more effective approach.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient handling of all outstanding queries and problems affecting the processing.
- Strong knowledge of Banking Services and Operations;
- Strong team player with an energetic, enthusiastic and flexible working style;
- A team leader who is able to lead, motivate and guide a team;
- Strong communication, analytical skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently;
- Good at multi-tasking and able to prioritize jobs that are time critical;
- Able to work under pressure and for extended hours whenever required;
- Strong interest in improving operational efficiency, current processes and enhancing customer service;
- Is customer-oriented and maintains a proactive approach in problem solving;