Audit Manager, Corporate & Institutional Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are currently looking for Audit Manager, Corporate & Institutional Banking, Group Internal Audit Job Purpose:
Conducting audits of Global Banking, Credit and the Support Units
The incumbent will assist the Product Heads in the development and execution of an audit plan in accordance with the Group's Audit Charter to be able to discharge the responsibility to provide assurance that key and emerging risks pertaining to the assigned portfolio are being appropriately managed. The role involves undertaking risk assessment and internal audit engagements of diverse Group business units or functions to deliver the established audit plan. The role involves supporting other audit teams in contributing to the overall GIA audit coverage and priorities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units and relevant support functions for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Audit Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Actively track and escalate, where appropriate, significant issues and audit findings that remain unresolved.
- Help to develop and maintain a robust risk assessment process for documenting and communicating the results of assessment, the consolidated audit strategy and plan for the assigned portfolios and business functions.
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant GIA stakeholders to provide input and assistance on developing their audit approach as required. Act as the Global Banking, Credit and the relevant support units' expert to provide coaching and assistance to local audit functions.
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements and special projects within the Group.
- Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members.
- Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to guide and assist in their development.
- Identify, clearly document and escalate significant issues.
- The individual will be a core audit Global Banking specialist and also expected to participate in other cross functional and country audits.
- Assist the Head of Audit, Global Banking to ensure accurate and timely management reporting being provided to the GIA Management Team.
- Professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit and business skills, particularly Credit, Financing Governance, Operational Risk and Compliance. Prior relationship management, credit analysis or relevant audit experience and knowledge of the Global Banking business segments is preferable.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
- Demonstrates ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analyzing issues and recommending or developing solutions.
- Effective communication skills - oral and written
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit etc.) where appropriate.
- Professional audit certification encouraged.
- Ability to commit up to approximately 30-40% business travel.
- Knowledge of key regulatory changes and their impact on the bank and financing business in particular.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.