Audit - EQCR Senior Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Malaysia
- 20 Mar 19
Audit - EQCR Senior Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Deloitte's Assurance and Advisory provide audit, accounting and regulatory advice, attest and attest-related services. Using robust audit tools, resources and methodology, our professionals work closely with clients to deliver high-quality services and solutions. We also advise clients in areas such as initial public offerings, internal controls, International Financial Reporting Standards, US GAAP and regulatory compliance.
You will be part of the Engagement Quality Control Department and work closely with the EQCR leader and other managers and senior managers to perform quality reviews on assurance engagements performed under the International Auditing Standards and the Deloitte Audit Approach. As an EQCR Reviewer, you will be reporting to the EQCR Partner and working conjunction with the EQCR team, the incumbent will perform assurance reviews on assigned audit and other attestation engagements in accordance with the firm's established policies, standards and the various regulatory requirements. The position calls for an audit professional who has no less than 6 years of experience in the conduct of audits in an international public accounting firm. He/She is expected to have a good working knowledge of the various national and international accounting and auditing standards, and have a clear analytical mind. The ability to relate and communicate with ease is an essential personal quality.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Establish a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation
- Create opportunities to drive impact by leveraging each person's strengths to build high performing teams
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to drive continuous improvement
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network
- Translate and communicate broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals, in order to align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
- You should possess a recognised university degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or professional accounting qualification
- Preferably a member of MIA/MICPA/ACCA/ICAEW/CPA Australia or equivalent
- Have at least 6 to 7 years of relevant audit experience in a professional practice
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong understanding of the International Auditing Standards (ISAs)
- You should have good communication and people management skills besides the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Audit experience in well established professional services firms will be an added advantage
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MA128-144863-2018