Asst Manager, Underwriting (PA/Marine) - GEGM
Job ID: 001636
- To perform underwriting cases and renewals for policies within the turnaround time.
- To approve acceptance of risk within the authority limit to ensure risks are assessed in accordance with the underwriting guidelines.
- To manage and develop portfolio
- To ensure delivery of the quotes are of high underwriting standards
- To provide appropriate professional services to business units regarding policy matters in a clear, accurate and timely manner.
- To review renewals with claims experiences and to provide advise whether to accept or decline risk
- To visit branch and provide consultative advise on PA/Marine class
- To review exception reports and to analyse the performance of the respective portfolios on a monthly basis
- To continuously review processes, identify and resolve service gaps through constructive feedback and implement process improvements where appropriate
- Possesses a recognized degree in Management, Business Administration or Insurance qualification such as ACII/AMII/AAII.
- Has at least 5-6 years of working experience in the general insurance industry, particularly in underwriting.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.