About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Involvement in Project Initiatives / Automation / process Improvement
- Good understanding of Banking & Financial Industry
Position responsible for handling amid size team, dealing in any of the following areas :
- Input / Authorize settlement instructions / Pre-Matching / Repo/Tri party transaction exposure
- Investigation of Nostro open items
- Input / Authorize transaction in ISCD Global Markets systems like Clearstream/Euroclear and Bony
- Manage Reconciliation activities
- Co-ordination for Training for staff
- Manage Operational Risk activities
- Processing Custody invoices
- Preparing MIS data for Senior Management
- Assist in completion of Documentation for new market and process
These activities involve interaction with Front Office / Customers. Good oral /written communication skill and people management skills are essential. The above activities cover a number of SCB Group countries. The person should also have good system skills, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities . Multi tasking is essential. Should be able to manage various Project initiatives within the Department, manage cross functional Teams, besides strategizing and cost management skills. People and Talent
- H elp the unit to promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Overall client satisfaction and meeting service expectations
- Quick turnaround for customer queries & Complaints
- Ensure Zero customer complaints
- Should be a Team player- flexible
- Adhere to the instruction of the Mangers.
- Having frequent discussions with team members to improve their career and People development.
- Actively participate in Sustainability (CSR) initiatives, staff engagement programmes.
- Ensure 100% compliance at all times to the group's risk management framework as applicable
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations of Company and Group Policies
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and report all suspicious transactions to the Unit
- Timely escalations and resolutions on confirmation outstanding etc as per Escalation policy
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Comply with all the group standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as applicable and values of the Bank at all times
- Adhere to Group Code of Conduct at all times
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead the FMO to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; the Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- FMO handles clients from various financial sectors, representative in group and country.
Our Ideal Candidate Experience:
- Embed "Here for good" and Group's brand and values in Financial Market Operations.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Relevant Experience in handling systems such as Clearstream / Euroclear / bony/Fedline
- Graduate/ Post Graduate, MBA CA, ICWA
- Ability to handle stakeholders at Senior Management levels.
- Strong Analytical ability
- Eye for detail and good in numbers
- Excellent communication
- Recognize and manage complexity
- Good People Management skills
- Prioritization and Delegation of activities
- Problem solving / Trouble shooting skills
- Good knowledge in FMSO Products
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .