Associate Director, Security Services - Legal, Risk & Compliance MY
Responsible for reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements and provide legal advice, support and guidance to the business units within Securities Services. Understand the services and objectives of the business and effectively communicate the risks and legal issues involved in any decision, in an accurate and timely manner. Key Responsibilities
- Legal advice : I dentify any legal or regulatory issues concerning the business units and/or arising from the business activities, advise and provide solutions to minimize legal risks to enable the management to make informed strategic decision within an acceptable risk.
- Legal documentation : Draft, vet, review, negotiate and perfect security / transaction documentation. Attend due diligence / verification meetings if any, related to the security / transaction documentation and sign-off on the verification. Periodically review, monitor and update the legal templates for Securities Services with consultation with Group Legal.
- Laws, guidelines & regulations : Keep abreast of changes in law, review, summarize, provide and advise on relevant changes to the business units. S ummarize legal updates in a newsletter for clients.
- Custody management of legal documentation: Monitor and ensure that all security / transaction documentation executed by the authorised signatories of the company are received, recorded and safe-kept.
- Review of Checklist : Review the comprehensive checklist prepared by the documentation solicitors or business units covering all obligations of the facility agent / security agent / trustee as required under the relevant transaction documents or agreements (eg CPs, conditions subsequent, security cover, covenants, etc
- Litigation matters : Liaise with external counsel and relevant authorities on legal matters. Vet and review the cause papers prepared by external counsel and monitor the conduct of the case by external counsel for cases against the company in its personal capacity or in its ordinary course of business. Ensure that litigation is conducted in accordance with internal guidelines. Oversee and monitor status of litigation handled by subordinate(s) if any
- Reporting : Report on material litigations and/or progress of such cases (if any) on behalf of the Trustee to the Board; and CIMB Group Legal pursuant to the Group Litigation and Legal Affairs Policy Manual .
- Compliance : Conduct self-testing and to revert on all matters of compliance on a timely basis
- Meetings : Chair investor meetings and support the business unit at meetings with clients where required.
- Ad-Hoc : To assume additional responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor in Law Degree (LLB) or equivalent
Certificate in Legal Practice and experience in legal practice would be an advantage
At least 5-8 year(s) working experience in the related field.
Knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations especially in financial and securities laws.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong command in both the English and Bahasa Malaysia languages
Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office applications
Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership])
Articulate, analytical with strong administrative and time management skills
Mature, independent, resourceful and able to work with minimal supervision
Good business knowledge and ability to work with management on multiple legal issues