Associate Director, Analytics
Aon is currently recruiting a Associate Director, Analystics to join our team in KL, Malaysia . About Aon
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you'll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It's an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we'll empower results. Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to become part of our analytics team based in Kuala Lumpur servicing Malaysian clients. The role will focus on assisting clients in understanding their exposure to risk and determining the optimal reinsurance arrangements in order to meet their risk, return and capital requirements. You will work closely with the Reinsurance Solutions Asia Analytics team based on Singapore, consists of actuaries, catastrophe modellers, engineers, financial analysts and GIS experts. Responsibilities will involve interacting with analytics, brokers and clients. Responsibilities
- Experience in various actuarial pricing techniques such as experience and exposure rating.
- High level of proficiency in dynamic financial analysis (DFA) for the purposes of reinsurance optimisation and reinsurance pricing.
- An understanding of the various reinsurance structures to manage risk and implementation of them within the modelling framework
- Play a proactive role in establishing and upholding actuarial best practice including technical peer review with potential scope to participate on the regional Actuarial Practice Group (APG)
- Take on responsibility as actuarial territorial contact, liaising with clients and colleagues to establish client project objectives, outcomes, and manage these projects.
- Do presentations and conduct training sessions relating to actuarial work and methods, ensuring the effective and efficient communication of concepts and key outcomes to both colleagues and clients
- Peer review projects undertaken by other team members, and provide guidance and mentoring the junior analysts whenever required
- University graduate in Actuarial Studies or related fields such as mathematics, finance or statistical studies
- Working towards associate/fellowship qualification with a recognised Actuarial institute
- Not less than 5 years' experience in reinsurance or insurance industry working in analytical roles, direct insurance related experience on insurance pricing, reserving or capital modelling/management is required
- Experience in using our proprietary modelling software ReMetrica for reinsurance optimisation and reinsurance pricing viewed as advantageous
How to Apply
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with, and understanding of Catastrophe models and their relevant outputs is required.
- Ability to use complex computer programs, to organize and cleanse data, to analyse primary company coverage and reinsurance contracts, and to present information to clients clearly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the corporation and various business units.
- Ability to travel within the Asia region to facilitate client presentations, seminars and conferences as required.
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.