Associate Client Manager, IC
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
Associate Client Manager, IC
The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the Senior Bankers/Bankers on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Strongly assist the Senior Banker/ Banker in origination by preparing pitch book, industry leads, etc.
- Assist the RM in preparing briefing notes for senior management visits.
- Document the client meetings attended by preparing a call report via the CRM system
- Ensure timely completion of account opening formalities of the client including collection of documents, signature verification etc., by liaising with cash operations & the CCM - Specialist teams.
- Work in partnership with FM to setup FEDS/MUREX ID and ISDA request.
- Assist the RM in liaising with Legal & Compliance, CRC and clients to resolve documentation issues like T & C deviations for standard documents.
- Obtain approval for modification in standard documentation wherever necessary from appropriate authority.
- In consultation with the RM, negotiate and obtain approval for modification in non-standard documentation in consultation with RM.
- Ensure documentation is completed and the limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
- Work with the CDD team to ensure eCDDs are created and renewed on time.
- Seek approval from various authorities for release of trade offerings and release the deal in IMEX.
- Actively engage with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
- Work closely with product partners for coordinating client training for non lending products. (Client training to be conducted by Product Partners).
- Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and RM.
- Seek necessary approvals, wherever required and release trade offerings/excesses on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Co-ordinate with Ops / GSSC for any rectifying any ops related issues and issue SIFs wherever required within the authority.
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimum (as reflected by DDR, GDR, etc) and are rectified on time.
- Liaise with other banks for information sharing and seeking opinion reports and respond to NOC requests from other banks/NAK etc.
- Liaise with FAM/GAM/RAM for day to day account maintenance and operational issues.
- Arrange for stock inspection/Valuation.
- Ensure correctness of data in SCI/CRM/CPPR, etc. Attend portfolio review meetings along with RM/CA/Team leaders.
- Track and action on Failed Trade Report.
- Ensure compliance of all internal/regulatory policies & regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from a reputable University.
- Must have at least 5 years of Corporate Banking experience, preferably in the Global/ International Corporate segment.
- Candidate must have a qualified credit certification - Omega/ CCP/ PCC.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.