Associate,Debt Capital Markets
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
Associate,Debt Capital Markets
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Debt Capital Markets
Debt Capital Markets ("DCM") provides clients with a fully integrated debt financing platform, across Sukuk/bonds and syndicated loans, hybrid capital, asset backed securitisation, liability management/ratings advisory, project financing Sukuk/bonds, in the domestic and international market. HSBC has a market leading and award winning DCM platform in both international bonds and domestic bonds, having been named Malaysia's Best Debt House/Best bond adviser - Global for Malaysia for the past 11 consecutive years by The Asset Triple A.
- To provide support to the DCM originators in debt capital markets transactions (bond, syndicated financing, structured finance, financing solutions group) for Malaysian borrowers, as well as cross border issuers in the Malaysian market
- To work closely with the DCM originators, and with the Global Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Markets teams in Malaysia, and with the DCM teams in the region, to originate debt capital markets transactions (bond, syndicated financing, structured finance, financing solutions group) transactions for Malaysian borrowers, as well as cross border issuers in the Malaysian market.
- Work closely with originators with respect to all DCM (including bond and loan) business that is originated from the Malaysia team.
- Prepare term sheets, pitch book materials, supporting on all deals, obtaining internal approvals and tending to all execution matters.
- Work closely with DCM team members / Transaction Management/ Sales & trading to ensure launch / execution of trades are completed seamlessly
- Preparing any MI reporting or administrative tasks for DCM team
- Work closely with the relationship managers in assisting to source for new funding opportunities as well as during the execution phase of transactions
- Ensuring all internal approvals are obtained and processes are adhered to
- Internal control objective - to maintain HSBC internal control standards including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Integrity, conduct and performance against ethical standards - to act with high levels of integrity, conduct and performance against ethical standards (compliance-related transgressions or concerns should continue to be reported to your local compliance team as they arise). All employees should exemplify the highest standards of personal and professional ethics in all aspects of our business and comply fully with both the spirit and letter of the laws , rules and practices that govern HSBC Group globally
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Ensure that the external regulatory requirements are met on an on-going basis, for DCM transactions.
Skills & Attributes: -
• Good analytical and interpersonal skills, with strong qualifications required
• Relevant working experience;
• Numerical aptitude required;
• Fluent in written and spoken English;
• Confident, hardworking and with strong desire to learn;
• Fast learner and results oriented;
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure;