Assistant Vice President, Governance, Quality & Regulatory Projects
- Coordinate project priorities based on based on impact, feasibility and regulatory mandate.
- Analyse data points and work with relevant teams and stakeholders to formulate holistic business requirements including functional design & testing scope to ensure quality delivery.
- Work with various internal and external team to ensure the technology solutions meets requirements and are scalable and across multiple device formats
- Accountable for consistent monthly delivery of fixes and ensuring all aspects of planning, staffing and communications to all relevant stakeholders on features built, project and campaign design are performed. project and campaign design are performed.
- Review existing operational and production controls and adopt strong controls to ensure adherence to internal and external guidelines.
- Analyse fraud trends and drive improvement plans.
- Maintain up to date risk registers and key risk indicators
- Conduct periodic gap analysis or control test on existing and new internal and external guidelines or policies, standard operating procedures and drive remediation actions.
- Ensuring the recording of all control gaps and conduct post implementation review post product and services launched.
- To proactively drive awareness programs across the department.
- This role requires 8 years of experience in Financial Services/ Service Industry.
- Strong analytical skill with an eye for details to ensure business requirements and services delivered are fitted with robust controls.
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with all departments.
- Analytical and the ability to understand consumer data to execute precise data extraction for regulatory reporting and process improvements.
- Participate in product test plan preparation and test cases.
- Good articulation and effective written and presentation skills.
- Takes the initiative to solve problems, create contingencies and minimize risks.
- Takes responsibility and ownership as the first line of defense and ensuring adherence to internal and external guidelines or policies.