Assistant Vice President, Compliance (Based in Kuala Lumpur)
Job ID: 001418 The Role
To conduct a second line of defence role in partnership with the business (as first line of defence) to ensure that all regulatory, money-laundering/ terrorism financing and market conduct risks are efficiently and effectively assessed, mitigated and controlled.
Establish standards and oversee implementation of procedures to ensure the compliance programs throughout the organisation are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
Managing and perform oversight functions into all regulatory compliance matters, AML/CFT, market conduct compliance programmes.
Work with relevant business units (e.g., Internal and External Audit, Finance, Risk Management and Legal) and regulators to build up and/or implement compliance risk controls and provide quality and solutions-focused advice on compliance risk and control issues relevant to the business units for informed decision-making on compliance and ethics matters.
Develop or oversee development of structural approach and procedures to effectively deal with suspected instances of compliance policy violations/fraud by employees, agents and/or external party, from receiving allegations to planning and conducting investigations.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Be able to exercise good professional judgment in the interest of the department and company
- Possess a recognized degree in Insurance, Accountancy, Law or Finance/Business.
- Has 6 to 10 years of work experience in the area of Insurance, Compliance, Regulatory, AML/CFT, Fraud Investigation, Audit, Analytics, Operations Support, Customer Relationship Management or Banking
- Passionate, resourceful, decision-making capabilities, detail oriented, accountability
- Excellent interpersonal skills & able to interact with all levels