Assistant Manager / Manager - Transfer Pricing
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Malaysia
- 18 Mar 19
Assistant Manager / Manager - Transfer Pricing
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
Deloitte's Tax Services help companies and individuals manage their tax costs and obligations effectively, especially in the area of cross-border tax matters. Leveraging on Deloitte's global resources and reach, our Tax professionals keep clients abreast of developments that have tax implications and advise them in structuring investments, merger and acquisitions, transfer pricing, tax planning and compliance.
Deloitte Tax Services is currently recruiting for its Transfer Pricing service line. Transfer pricing has always attracted tremendous attention from the Revenue Authorities globally and has been one of the top priorities of Tax Managers of group entities. Transfer pricing professionals are required to be well versed in accounting and economic theory as well as regulatory frameworks, and must possess strong analytical skills.
For its Transfer pricing service line, Deloitte Tax Services is keen on recruiting candidates who are willing to fit into the roles outlined below and have the requisite qualification and acumen to assume responsibilities attached to the job.
- Perform transfer pricing compliance, audit defense and planning exercise for MNE clients and local group entities.
- Keep oneself updated on the latest developments in transfer pricing in Malaysia.
- Liaise with clients on a day-to-day basis to understand their expectations and requirements, and provide timely deliverables.
- Liaise with officers from the Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies in connection with client engagements.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Manager across our Firm are expected to:
- Act as a role model, whilst establishing a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Build and sustain a high performance culture by cultivating and amplifying individual and team strengths.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to continuously develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiates Deloitte.
- Build and sustain long term lasting relationships with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Communicates strategic direction effectively, to excite people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse teams to achieve success.
- Manage and actively contribute to sustainable development of a talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Degree in Accounting/ Economics/ Taxation from recognized universities or any professional qualification in similar disciplines.
- At least 5 years transfer pricing work experience, preferably in another Big4 firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. Ability to communicate in Mandarin/ Cantonese/ Japanese in addition to English and Bahasa Malaysia would be an added advantage.
- Competent in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint.
- Able to prioritize and organize work.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Leadership and people management skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates are requested to attach their resume along with the cover letter and recent transcripts from SPM onwards.
Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MT81-144912-2018