Assistant Manager, Takaful Enablement
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The Business Analyst serves as the liaison and the reference point between the Business and the technical analyst in making sure the Business Requirements are clearly understood and translated to the functional requirements.
He/she is also responsible to coordinate the business scooping session and ensuring the quality business requirement documents are delivered within the agreed timeline.
He/she also assist SME and users to conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Operation readiness test (ORT). JOB SCOPE:
The Business Analyst serves as the liaison and the reference point between the Business and the technical analyst in making sure the Business Requirements are clearly understood and translated to the functional requirements by leveraging on the resources and skill-set within and across the work-streams. He/She is the functional lead for new products launch, Service Request (SRF) for system enhancement, new initiatives/projects and is responsible to analyze processes and best practices among work-streams to ensure the system is delivered with maximize synergies, quality and efficiencies.
He/she is also responsible to coordinate the business scooping session and ensuring the quality business requirement documents are delivered within the agreed timeline. In additions, he/she is leading the team to produce a comprehensive business scenario for UAT executions and highlights the changes in business rules to Training Department for communication. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible to conduct and or to coordinate the business scooping session with the business users to ensure deliverables are achieved with quality and within timeline. This includes managing the Business Analyst to ensure business requirements are captured and documented comprehensively , clear and signed off by the Business Heads
2. Responsible for overall delivery of Business functional and technical design for the Life Ops function e.g NB/POS/CLM/DMC/BNC/Fin business requirements and review test plan/results to ensure quality deliverable.
3. Monitor the overall resource performance and ensure workload being allocated based on relevant skill-set.
4. Manage UAT activities within department by ensuring test plan & result are documented, testing requirements are clearly defined for the Environment Set up and resources are identified to conduct UAT.
5. Implement and monitor ways of working / best practices within the team members and to develop succession plan.
6. Ensure end users are trained before system changes are deployed to Production environment.
7. Ensure personal development for self improvement and build positive working relationships within the team Qualifications
- Degree from a recognized University preferably in Business, Insurance Studies, Information Technology, Computer Science, etc
- Professional qualification in Life Insurance i.e., Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII), Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII), Life Office Management Association (LOMA), Australian Institute of Insurance (AII), International Claim Association (ICA) or other related to Life Insurance Industry would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience. Experience in Life Insurance Industry with basic operational knowledge in Life Administration, Actuarial, Agency Administration and Finance would be an added advantage
- Life insurance knowledge in Life Administration, Actuarial, Agency Administration and Finance
- Articulate and proficient in written and spoken English. Basic knowledge of Asian language and Mandarin in written and spoken will be a value-added advantage.