Assistant Manager, Secured Underwriting
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM)
leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise
and wealth management capabilities to deliver
a broad range of world-class retail banking
solutions to millions of customers. Driving
for growth in key markets around the world,
the business comprises areas such as retail
banking, wealth management, insurance and
asset management, with a focus on
customer-centric propositions and innovative
and efficient distribution channels that will
differentiate our customer experience and
deliver market leading retail banking and wealth
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Assistant Manager, Secured Underwriting. Role Purpose:
The jobholder is to ensure that the section operates within set credit policies / guidelines and work closely with the department head and Portfolio and Risk Management (PRM) to maximize rewards and minimize losses. He / she must independently introduce, drive and implement on-going workflow enhancements towards achieving operational efficiency, minimize overheads / costs without compromising quality, security and risks of financial losses. Contributes to the increase in the unit's profitability by managing key financial control functions especially the approval of card limit increase and appeal applications. Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure the operational procedures of Credit Approval conforms to the rules and operating regulations as stipulated in RRP, FIM and guidelines set by Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Ensure close monitoring of operational and credit approval processes that must be carried out promptly and accurately within the given authority.
- Ensure compliance with ongoing operational and credit processes as guided by PRM and in accordance to all audit requirements.
- Approve within PLA limits granted.
- To maintain and achieve the cost of operation to be within the budgeted AOP.
- To oversee the operation and governance of Offshore team.
- Ensure customer enquiries (both internal / external) are attended to and resolved effectively and efficiently within the agreed SLA.
- Ensure that feedbacks given and reviewed and used constructively for on-going improvements / enhancements to workflow procedures and to drive towards change, without compromising on quality and risks.
- Ensure good professional relationship with branch network and DST team to ensure smooth end-to-end customer experience.
- Ensure to identify staff training needs for staff development and growth. Motivate staff towards building team spirit to boost desirable productivity and performance.
- Ensure constant counselling, coaching and regular meetings are held with the staff.
- Ensure the costs incurred for the various credit processing units (including outsourced work to vendors) are being closely monitored and tracked.
- Ensure costs / expenditures are regularly scrutinized and overheads are controlled.
- Ensure high credit review assessment standard of credit analysis in this unit and continuously improve on credit review / approval quality via coaching / process reviews.
- Ensure daily approved output are tracked and monitored to ensure high productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Possess a degree qualification in related discipline and/or experience in related field.
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in retail banking and credit services.
- Experience in managing retail underwriting and valuation will be preferred.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify priorities, organize and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Only Malaysian citizens are encouraged to apply.