Assistant Manager, Regulatory Compliance
Job ID: 002133
To conduct a second line of defence role, working closely with the business units to ensure that all regulatory compliance matters are efficiently and effectively assessed, mitigated and controlled in order to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines on a risk-based basis by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing, identify gaps and prepare compliance review report to management.
- Execute Compliance Examination Program (CEP) to ensure compliance standards are met against regulatory and group/internal guidelines, policies as well as operating procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of all essential laws and regulation pertinent to GELM, and maintain/ centralize all information on compliance-related issues.
- Update and maintain Compliance Matrix and monitor the effective execution of Compliance Requirement Self-Assessment (CRSA) on various departments within the Company
- Co-ordinate and prepare various compliance reporting to Group, Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Assist in conducting training/briefing on regulatory compliance policies and procedures where necessary.
- Degree in Accountancy/ Law/ Business Administration/ Finance/ Regulatory/ Insurance
- 3 - 6 years of experience in Compliance/ Internal Audit preferably in life insurance or banking industry
- Good comprehension of compliance functions and guidelines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills
- Detail oriented, analytical, good problem solving skills
- Good time management and strong planning skills