Assistant Manager Portfolio Strategist
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 16 Oct 18
Assistant Manager Portfolio Strategist
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Assistant Manager Portfolio Strategist.
The Premier Top Tier proposition is a strategic priority for HSBC and the role of Assistant Manager Portfolio Strategist (AM PS) is a key contributor in achieving the proposition objectives. The role is a specialist role and is part of the Premier and Wealth sales force.
- To be a technical expert in one or several product categories as relevant to market; such as Unit Trust/Structured Products/FX/Investment/Retirement/Protection/etc.
- Deployed to add value to clients with more complex needs, e.g. top-tier Premier clients and is assigned to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs).Whilst PRMs own the end-to-end advisory and sales process with clients, AM PS assists PRMs in understanding clients better, construct clients portfolio together with PRMs to ensure clients portfolio is well taken care and align with the Group view
- Conduct portfolio update and deliver client education events to help client gain better knowledge of financial markets and financial solutions.
- Follow the needs-based sales process, giving clients a meaningful and consistent wealth experience and ultimately providing an outstanding client experience.
- To support the FX Product Manager in growing FX proposition as part of wealth solution to clients.
- To support PRMs to gain more clients' confidence and trust in HSBC capabilities and increase the effectiveness and quality of needs fulfilled for target clients in need
- To assist PRMs in deepening and growing client relationships through identifying and uncovering client's needs, identifying relevant wealth solution and technical analysis on client's portfolio.
- Communicate effectively with stake holders on complex technical subjects, helping them to improve understanding of financial markets and the value and risks of financial solutions through educational events.
- To identify and provide feedback from PRMs and clients to product teams in order to continuously improve our products and services.
- To maintain a high level of technical expertise by working closely with product team and product providers.
- To ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with the HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements.
- At least a bachelor's degree in any related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of working experience as a wealth management or financial market.
- Strong client skills with the ability to deliver a strong client experience and provide needs-based solutions.
- Deep knowledge of specific complex financial solutions and products including the knowledge of financial markets, socia-economic dynamics, and regulatory requirement relevant to the products.
- Extensive external market awareness of market conditions, new product solutions, and an understanding of current financial market activities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to correctly identify client needs.
- Solid skills to manage consultative sales process.
- A solid understanding of global anti money laundering standards.
- Team player with collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations.
- Specialisation in one or more product categories e.g. Structured Products/ FX/ Investments/ Trusts / Estate Planning/ Retirement/ Protection/ Mortage etc.