Assistant Manager, Operational Risk Management (GETB)
Job ID: 002265 Job Summary:
Assist Head of Department to oversee and monitor operational risk management activities of the organisation, monitor and analyze risks within the Company's business units and report on these risks to the Senior Management Team ("SMT") and Board Risk Management Committee ("BRMC"). Job Description:
- Coordinate the completion of the departmental Risk & Control Self Assessments ("RCSAs") and the control testing and perform desktop review.
- Coordinate the reporting for Loss Event and Key Risk Indicators to BNM via ORION.
- Ensure outstanding action plan in the Enterprise Risk Management dashboard, RCSA, ORAP and other risk assessment assignments are followed up on a monthly basis and to ensure all the action items ready to be closed are supported with adequate supporting documents.
- Work with Shariah Unit on shariah risk management and escalation of shariah non-compliance event.
- Ensure the Annual GEH Assurance Certification is done on a timely basis.
- Management and training of business units' Department Risk Officers.
- Organise and give training to staff on relevant risk management topics.
- Provide oversight and advisory on projects and outsourced arrangements including the review of risk assessments and other related documentation by business units
- To conduct yearly review on Outsourcing activities.
- Ensure relevant reporting is done on a timely basis to SMT, Group, BRMC, Board and Shariah Committee.
- Oversee the Governance of policies and procedures established by the company and ensure annual reviews are performed on a timely basis for submission to the SMT, BRMC and Board.
- Assist in secretariat duties for BRMC on issuance of notice of meeting, setting meeting agenda, preparing minutes of meeting, collating and distributing meeting papers and follow up on matters arising based on the pre-agreed timelines.
- Ensure Ad-Hoc assignments are delivered as required and within the stipulated deadline.
Job Requirements The Person:
- Tertiary education in Actuarial/ Shariah/ Finance/ Accounting or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Knowledge of actuarial, investment, risk management, insurance /takaful operations or financial service, operations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Audit or business operations preferably in the insurance/takaful industry
- Experienced in asset/fund management is an added advantage