Assistant Manager, Operation Risk Management
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The objective of this role is to assist in providing support to the management team of Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad (PAMB) with the required risk knowledge/updates necessary for better and well-informed strategic/business decision making. It includes the management of operational risks on an ongoing basis and risk committee reporting in PAMB Principal Duties & Responsibilities: Advisory & Leadership
Monitoring and Reporting
- Defines operational risk standards and specifications around which others will operate.
- Exercise adequate oversight on PAMB's operational risk environment in compliance with the Group, PCA, local and regulatory Corporate Governance and Risk Management Framework.
- Implementation and coordination of Risk Management initiatives (including risk reviews and risk related projects) within PAMB, through proactive engagement with the Risk Coordinators and other key stakeholders.
- Development and maintenance of Risk Management related assessment tools, policy and guidelines.
- Assist and support other operating divisions on risk related matters. Ensure sufficient depth of risk analysis and develop mechanisms for the tracking of the risk identified.
- Work with stakeholders to continuously identify opportunities to build, enhance and further optimize the existing risk management system in supporting the overall company's strategies.
Awareness and Culture
- Timely coordination, review, submission and escalation of all applicable management reports including coordination and review of Functional Area Risk Reports, preparation of company-wide risk reports and presentation of the prepared reports to the relevant Board and Management's approval and/or notation.
- Prepare Board papers including risk updates & escalation, and material incident reporting.
- Support immediate supervisor to continuously review the BU's functional activities to identify process and control gaps to ensure corrective and preventive actions are instituted.
- Perform risk-based audits on identified high risk areas to provide value-added assessment and recommendation to stakeholders to rectify and mitigate the weaknesses and observations noted.
Job Specification: Qualifications
- Provide Risk Management related trainings/ workshops to Risk Coordinators and/or other related parties, to enhance their knowledge on risk management or to facilitate implementation on risk initiatives.
- Conduct Risk Awareness Programme to all staff to create company-wide awareness
- Holder of graduate degree from a reputable institution (preferably majoring in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance or other related disciplines).
- Certification in risk management, governance and/or internal audit would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in Operational Risk Management, Internal Control or Audit, preferably gained from Insurance/Takaful or Financial Services industry.
- Good knowledge of Operational Risk Management framework, methodologies, policies and practices, including published Risk Management standards.
- Proactive, inquisitive, highly motivated & energetic, attention to details, possess strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
- Highly disciplined and diligent in driving deliverables strictly within defined timelines.
- Must be meticulous with the ability to work under pressure.
- A self-starter, work independently with limited guidance, solution orientated and team player
- Strong command of English (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication (writing and presentation), interpersonal skills, team work, and stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions.