Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting and Reporting
FWD Group spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, offering life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, Shariah and Family Takaful products across a number of its markets.
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance. Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group.
Launched in Malaysia on 29 June 2019, FWD Takaful Berhad (Company No. 200601011780 ) is FWD Group's inaugural Takaful business - a partnership between FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (an FWD Group company), JAB Capital Berhad and Employee Provident Fund Board of Malaysia (EPF).
If you are looking for a career which can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey! PURPOSE
- Prepare the company financial statement for both interim and annual financial statement.
- Key liaison for year-end audit planning and resolve the audit related issues for both external and internal auditor.
- Review and improve the current SL GL month end reconciliation process to ensure all the outstanding items are properly monitor and reconcile on timely basis by the preparers.
- Review the current GL mapping for both Family Takaful business admin system and other policy related admin system.
- Conduct the annual system health check and rectify the system errors if there are any.
- Participate in UAT for the new products by ensuring the system efficiency to support the new product requirements.
- Manage the Sun system administrative and other accounting matters in system in term of chart of accounts table, new GL code and fund creation in system.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Key liaison for SL GL reconciliation process.
- Ensure all the reconciliation items is reconciled on timely basis.
- Develop and execute a proper control relating to existing reconciliation process.
- Key liaison for finance reporting if there is any system UAT/enhancement.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of degree or equivalent, in Finance/ accounting
- At least 3-4 years working experience with 3 years in finance department relating Takaful or conventional insurance
- Demonstrable experience in handing reconciliation issue.
- Mitigate the risk of unreconciling items by implementing more control and improvement.