Assistant Manager, Event and Promotion
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
This position is responsible of execution of agency events, conventions and on-ground activities and driving special projects - MDRT, premium items, staff campaigns and HNW projects. The position is also accountable for creative execution of video production, and digital communication to support sales and agency recruitment initiatives.
- Planning and execution of agency events, conventions and on ground activities including roadshows and launches.
- Manages premium items and gifts procurement for agency campaigns, events and on-ground activities
- Support the mobile CAO Channel app - manage the event gallery, organising of contents, videos and materials to be posted
- Operate the Agency Soundbar studio for video production and photoshoot
- Produce and manage in-house and external video production (interview videos, marketing, training videos, motion graphics and product videos)
- Prepare proposals for vendor selection, completing necessary documents to obtain Procurement Memo sign-off.
- Conceptualise and prepare event communication materials, invitations and QR event attendance
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Possess Degree in Business, Marketing, Mass Communication, Multimedia, Arts/ Graphic Designs or equivalent professional.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in event planning and management, communication, project management, agency support, preferably in insurance or financial services industry.
- Proficient in creative, video production, video editing, or equivalent.
- Ability to work under tight & multiple datelines and ensure timely deliverables at all times.
- Ability to work as a team and independently within a dynamic working environment.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Words, Excel and Power Point is compulsory.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have creative and innovative mindset, digitally savvy.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Creative mindset with skills/knowledge in collaterals/ flyers/ posters design/video production would be an added advantage.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2019, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.