Assistant Manager, Claims
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The incumbent is responsible to provide efficient and effective support to the Company goals by meeting and exceeding their expectations on operational processes. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accountability on daily operations in order to meet or exceed productivity/ service standard as defined by Management in line with department or section goal.
2. Ensure smooth operations in respective sections and adherence to turn-around-time and guidelines.
3. Review of complaints / appeals within the turn-around-time.
4. Quarterly review of cases.
5. SOX audit handling.
6. Provide continuous training and guidance to new and junior staff.
7. Process all incoming requests within the service standard and ensure all processes are done prudently and in accordance to all regulatory and corporate requirements.
8. Attend and handle enquiries of the sections made through referrals via different communication modes.
9. Handling of FMB / BNM referred cases.
10. Continuously review and update/document the administrative rules and processes for effective and efficient operation of the sections.
11. Continuously attend / involve with training for personal and career development.
12. Updating and submission of reports as required by management within the agreed service standards.
13. Undertake projects / other work and duties allocated by management as and when required.
14. To conduct annual Claims Workshops. REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Biology/Biomedical Science/Business Administration/Mathematics/Economics/Statistics and/or a professional life insurance qualification .e.g. ACII, AMII, AAII, FLMI.
- Claims Handling, i.e. 3 to 5 years in insurance industry / Life Insurance (for "Major Claims type").
- Well versed in insurance claims / Life Claims (if its' for Major Claims type) is a MUST
- Knowledge on laws & regulations governing the insurance industry is highly essential.
- Equipped with insurance knowledge & technical know-how on the fundamentals of Life Insurance, inclusive of Accidental & Medical business acumen (where appropriate / applicable to the respective incumbent)
- Able to communicate & interact efficiently with internal & external customers.
- Possess a good work ethic & professionalism is practiced in every single time.