Assistant Manager, Business Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To support Operation Head, in providing thought leadership & developing overall Banking operations strategy and direction.
- To support Operation Head, in balancing and coordinating delivery of business priorities spanning financial performance & reviews, product, customer and franchise management deliverables.
- To support Operation Head,in capacity planning, Lean process improvement to promote efficiency and scalability.
- To lead and execute any strategic projects and initiatives for the business.
Strategy Development & Management:
Delivery of Business Priorities:
- Develop and update consolidated Operation strategy and overall development process.
- Assist Operation Head in research and drawing conclusions after analysis on market opportunities, competitor dynamics and internal competencies.
- Formalize and operational strategic projects & initiatives for the Business across business units short & medium term business and product plans, budgets and aspirations.
- Develop messaging for key stakeholders in process of operationalizing business strategy.
Delivery of People & Talent Agenda:
- Establish and maintain effective systems and controls to monitor and direct the working of all businesses, functions and operations particularly on identified business critical issues.
- Ensuring the accuracy of regulatory and other reporting of financial performance for all products within banking operations
- Assist in monitoring of financial performance by working with individual Banking Ops Management Committee members to ensure that financial results are on track to exceed or deliver targets, that forecasting is accurate and that the country is managing its cost budget effectively.
- Organize key business meetings and conferences and monitor follow ups.
- Work closely with business unit heads and HR in development of an overall Strategic People Agenda, ensuring
- Building of talents bench strengths and highly engaged workplace and culture
- Assist Global Operation Head in key people deliverables such as execution of top team agreed employee engagement plan.
- Alignment of individual performance management & productivity assessment of business units.
Communications & Engagement
- Lead Strategic projects in line with business strategies.
- Creating and executing communications plan for Operations Head.
- Building stakeholder engagement materials including infographics, powerpoint packs, marketing publications.
- Assisting with logistics planning and co-ordination of engagement events with stakeholders, external visitors and business units.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.