Assistant Manager, Business Enablemment (Senior Business Analyst)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) is the primary liaison between project/program stakeholders, who understands business needs, structure, processes, policies and operations. The BA recommends and assesses impacts of changes that enable the organization to achieve its goals; captures, analyzes, and documents requirements; and supports the communication and delivery of those requirements to the stakeholders.
The Senior BA is sometimes expected to also play the role of a Systems Analyst (a Subject Matter Expert for the technical solution) and bridge the gap between the business problem and the technology solution and is responsible to deliver the new products launch, Service Request (SRF) for system functionality enhancement, new initiatives/projects. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To conduct business scoping with the business users and to develop the Business Requirements for sign off.
- To at least maintain the defined company's rules across all processes and to provide in depth technical expertise to ensure quality deliverable.
- Ensure best practices are in place and ensure all customization documents are of absolutely "must have" for go-live and be signed off by users.
- To review Business Scenario and test scripting in ensuring they are in line with the business requirements. To conduct the review sessions with the users to ensure acceptance and signed off by users.
- Analyze business issues and recommends best practices and technical expertise and solves complex problems by applying innovative solutions.
- To achieve milestones and objectives within project timeline.
- Ensure personal development for self-improvement and build positive working relationships within the team Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by superior from time to time. Effective communication on any changes in administrative or processing rules triggered from system enhancement or new product launching to business users.
- Leads a group of executives/business specialist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) /Operation readiness test (ORT) planning and execution, provides business process training to testers for comprehensive system testing and lead the respective testers for smooth UAT activities via constant review and feedback sessions to achieve.
- Degree from a recognized University preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Insurance Studies, Actuarial Science, etc.., with a formal project management qualification is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication (including technical writing) skills.
- Understanding of systems engineering, modeling concepts, business processes.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Development of strong business cases.
- Complete understanding of different modeling techniques and methods.
- Tactful in difficult situations, a problem solver and analyzer.
- Ability to understand and respond to business needs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical thinking, business and financial acumen, strategic orientation and results oriented.
- Those with business planning and project management background would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Natural charisma together with a determination to deliver output is essential.