About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
1. Verify transactions processed by Associates and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority.
2. Checking of and/or approving customer order against system.
3. Assist the team management in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
4. Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.), defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
5. Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
6. Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
7. Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for money laundering preventation as stipulated in the Money Laundering Preventation (MLP) Group Policy, Money Laundering & Suspicious Transaction Guidelines, Suspicious Money Laundering Transaction Reporting Procedures and / or Monitoring Checklist, and Escalation Procedure for Suspicious Money Laundering Transactions.
8. Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
9. Conforming and adhering to the Team's risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, etc
10. Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
11. Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
12. Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, (including Sanctions Policy) guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
13. Assist manager in consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgments.
14. Assist the Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
15. Assist in Managing the operational risk of the team to avoid operational/ reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
16. Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team/individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
Our Ideal Candidate
1. Product Knowledge - Advanced
- Product knowledge on Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements
2. Process Management - Advanced
3. Capacity Planning - Core
4. Operations Risk Management - Core
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.