Assistant Client Service Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Delivery and Efficiency
- To handle SCB HK's customer queries with care and as per the prescribed standards in place.
- To handle HK corporate Channels (online banking) related queries.
- Troubleshoot and resolve channels (online banking) issues and errors.
- To handle documentation related queries for Channels (online banking).
- To train commercial banking clients on Channels (online banking) - Login, Payment Creation and reporting etc
- To co-ordinate with internal support teams and stake holder to solve online banking related issue.
- To complete/resolve inquiries correctly the "first time" to avoid unnecessary repetitions.
- To maintain all agreed quality standards to ensure that customer's needs are met all the time & that continued efforts are made to exceed their expectations.
- Decision making as per the Department Operating Instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Continuous improvement in productivity to the standards prescribed for the processes from time to time.
- Carryout ad-hoc responsibilities set by respective Team Leader / Managers from time to time.
- Compliance with all applicable rules/regulations of company and Group Policies.
- To take necessary tests and training as per Group and Company Requirements.
- To deliver first class service and efficiency whilst minimizing risk
- To work with the team and Line Manager to meet and exceed service standards.
- Sensitivity to customer complaints and implementation of complaint recording, tracking and closure mechanism.
- To assist client support performance within country against agreed performance metrics
- Monitor the operation of such procedures and controls, and regularly review them to ensure they reflect changes in process, products, policies and regulations.
- To work on improvement of productivity and standardize the process from time to time to meet the necessary regulation/procedures/guidelines prescribed by Company/Group from time to time.
- To identify and implement potential migration of processes from Country Ops teams into GBS
- Provide the highest standard of Client Services in response to client enquiries and complaints, so as to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery
Outserve & Service Management
- Process improvement impacting customer service areas.
- Research and investigation
- Root cause analysis with clients and support teams.
- Preparation of customer information, reporting for management and customers & analysis of VOC's.
- Process improvement impacting customer service areas.
- Where necessary, refers selling cross selling opportunities to Sales
- To monitor open enquiries/complaints and ensure timely resolution of the same
- To Train the team members and the new staff joining the team.
Risk & Control
- Leverage on the VoC process to understand clients needs, and identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilization and optimizing channel usage
- Assist in embedding an effective service recovery process which includes complaint logging and handling is in place and where necessary appropriate empowerment is given to staff to act quickly when necessary.
- Provide reference/guidance to junior customer service officer
- To drive talent retention through employee engagement and growth.
- Ensure process for client identification is clearly embedded
- Ensure that all control reconciliation activities are conducted in a timely and accurate manner
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
Our Ideal Candidate Experience/Knowledge Required
- Maintain a professional SCB image through all interactions with clients
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment where staff at all levels seek achievement through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Fluent Cantonese and English speaking compulsory
- Mandarin typing/reading is compulsory
- Intermediate level of cash processing or customer service experience (4-5 years' experience)
- Organized and detail orientated
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Good questioning skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A genuine liking for people
- Enjoy working for and serving others
- Loves to solve problems
- Ability to feel comfortable amongst strangers
- A good listener
- Make themselves understood when communicating with all kinds of people
- Pleasant disposition and able to control feelings that may create conflict
- Sensitivity towards people and ability to show compassion or empathy
- High self-esteem and confidence level
- Proactive rather than reactive
- A sense of belonging to a group of people or place
- A general sense of trusting others
- Strong social need
- Lead by example, being the Right Partner
- Able to analyze the clients' perspective in various situations and determine positive or negative behaviour for opportunities to gain agreement
- Able to apply questioning skills for in-depth analysis attitudes, situations, problems and priorities to determined optimum strategy on how to deal with them
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .