About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
FM Middle Office function resides within the Financial Markets Operations (FMO) team in Standard Chartered Bank (SCB). Its core function revolves around trade validation activities with emphasis on capturing discrepancies in the economic terms between trade capture system and authorized source documents provided by the Front Office on trade date.
GBS KL Middle Office team provides coverage to Trading and Sales desks across ASEAN, Middle East and Africa. Product coverage includes Derivatives - FX Options, Rates & Credit, Fixed Income, Commodities, Equities and FX/MM. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform Trade Validation, Query resolution management and trade lifecycle events
- Supporting trade day control on Equity Derivatives and Equity Financing products.
- Performing intersystem reconciliations
- Ensure all trades booked on trade date are processed latest by EOD with their discrepancies resolved and sources secured
- Timely identification of missed trades & performing Level 1 escalations
- Project participation as and when needed including user verification testing on non business day
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders like Front Office, Product Control, and Operations etc
- Ensure existing FM operations guidelines, protocols and controls are complied.
- Raise potential issues/solutions to management
- To undertake other duties assigned by line manager, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the responsibility of this job
- Engagement in team meetings & learning initiatives
- Degree with 2 - 3 years of Ops experience.
- Relevant product knowledge desirable (structured and vanilla)
- Conceptual understanding of derivative transaction workflow
- Conceptual understanding around market events like call, exercises, fixings, rollovers etc
- System awareness around Reuters , Bloomberg, Markitwire,TriResolve
- Experience with Murex highly desirable
- Ability to work and deliver high quality output under tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally
- Lateral thinker who is a strong team player with ability to work independently
- Proactive team player
- Flexibility to work in shifts or during public holidays
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.