Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world,the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Asset Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- To manage and drive the implementation of business strategies to grow the retail assets business portfolio .
- In charge of the product strategy and the business P&L and is expected to work closely with the other related departments i.e. Operations, Credit, CCR, Sales to drive the business in line with the overall RBWM business strategy.
- To manage and drive retail asset products business portfolio to contribute positively to Bank's Profit according to operating plan and forecast.
- To identify opportunities, recommend and implement initiatives to ensure sustainable growth in the business portfolio in accordance to the approved Risk Reward Parameter
- To engage various stakeholders when proposing and implementing changes to the product parameters.
- To provide leadership to project teams in implementing changes according to business needs.
- To ensure awareness of compliance / audit requirements and implementation of Group Compliance policies.
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in business related field, preferably in business, economic, marketing, finance and acounting, or communication.
- More than five years of product/ project management experience in a FI or large corporate firm environment & strong knowledge of the Malaysian mortgage market.
- Evidence of a strong collaborator with a demonstated ability to influence broadly and challenge conventional thinking.
- Superb ability in strategic thinking and the ability to frame business problems.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to translate data into meaningful information and actions .
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work with other stakeholders in the bank.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams in a fast paced, dynamic environment .
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry, competitors and target market.
- Strong business decision making and have good planning and organization skills
- Only Malaysian citizens are encouraged to apply.