Analytics & Customer Service People Manager - US shifts
Cross-Functional Manager - OPIS By IHS Markit
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Are you a people leader who drives employees to high levels of output and performance? Do you have experience managing employees across different teams with different job functions? Do you foster a positive work environment for your team, working hard and providing support to foster employee growth, all while having fun? Do you have a proven track record of hiring the best-possible candidates to build a successful team?
We're looking for a Cross-Functional Manager for the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) by IHS Markit team based in Kuala Lumpur, whose team members span various functional responsibilities that support the U.S.-based business lines. In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of employees based in Kuala Lumpur who support various U.S.-based business lines.
- Work with your team members' functional leads based in the U.S. across customer service, data analysis, and software implementation and support to drive optimal team performance.
- Work with talent acquisition, human resources, and functional leads to hire best-in-class talent for fast-growing teams.
- Assist the business development and product management teams in data reliability goals.
- Continue the OPIS legacy of providing the highest-quality customer support in the industry.
You will be providing support to the OPIS By IHS Markit team that is primarily located in the United States, with remote workers globally. OPIS covers worldwide oil, fuel and energy markets throughout the fuel supply chain. We offer a wide variety of products to suit our clients' business needs and help them find success in very complicated and risky energy marketplaces.
For the past year, OPIS has been hiring remote employees in our Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia office to support various U.S.-based business lines. There are currently 7 OPIS team members based in Kuala Lumpur, with plans for significant growth for the team. Current team members work in customer service, data quality, and software support roles.
Outside of your managerial responsibilities, you will be working mostly with the OPIS Retail Data Quality Team, primarily located in the United States. The team of 10 direct colleagues and many secondary colleagues manages the quality of retail fuel pricing and station data, utilized by nearly all the largest fuel retailers in North America for competitive intelligence and analytics. OPIS retail data is critical for companies along the downstream fuel supply chain, to make sure their fuel is being sold at the desired price, maintaining volumes and profit margins in a highly competitive environment. Additionally, OPIS retail pricing data is currently found in over 30 million connected vehicles on the road today, utilized by consumers when deciding the best location to fill up their tanks .
- A bachelor's degree. Business, Data Analytics, and Mathematics degrees are a strong fit for this role.
- Prior experience of at least two years managing teams of data analysts and/or customer service/client support representatives. Cross-functional team management a plus.
- Fluency in English, with other languages desirable based on our global customer base.
- Experience providing top-notch client support, helping to maintain OPIS By IHS Markit's reputation for industry-leading customer service
- Knowledge in data visualization/analytics tools such as Power BI and a fluency in all MS Office applications, with Excel expertise a priority. Proficiency in SQL Server Management Studio or Python is a plus, but not required.
- A natural leader, who enjoys helping employees develop careers and progress in an organization.
- A motivator, driving optimal employee output.
- Strong in English communications skills, both written and oral
- Organized with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong with data analytics, able to transform and analyze data to find insights and to create solutions to improving data quality.
- Driven by the desire to help others succeed, delivering the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
- U.S. shift allowance (600 MYR per month)
- Multinational exposure
- Flexible Benefits Claims
Malaysia Time: 10:00pm - 7:00am / 10:00am - 7:00pm Eastern Time (UTC -5)
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.