Analyst, Group Sanctions Programme Team
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Implement and support all control checks undertaken by Sanctions under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF). To include collating evidences to complete monthly KCI/CST's, corresponding MI and drafting control and residual risk results.
- Co-ordinate/support the management of audits for Regional and Group Sanctions teams
- Support key Regional Sanctions Govereance Forums ,by creating forum packs, agenda and taking mintues and tracking forum actions.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within Sanctions.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data (trend analysis) in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions teams to review and escalate key country metrics related risk indicators / trend analysis prompting from the sanctions related management information (MI) across the region
- Support Regional Sanctions teams with risk assessments, ensuring a consistent approach with proportionate controls to address inherent risks
- Escalate immediately to Regional Head of Sanctions and Group Sanctions of any material breaches or potential breaches of sanctions laws, regulation or Group procedures
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions teams in development and enhancement of MI
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions with all in-scope programme deliverables
People and Talent
- Support governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC- Sanctions related policies and procedures across Group Sanctions to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Support Sanctions training programs to meet the training needs of FCC (where applicable).
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions team to assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions team to identify financial crime risk indicators through various internal/external sources that impact SCB and its clients.
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions team to implement Sanctions risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions team to advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of Sanctions risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions team to conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
- Support Group and Regional Sanctions team to make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Support Group and regional Sanctions team to track sanctions programme issues to ensure accountability and resolution
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Financial Crime Compliance experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.