Analyst, Access Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
EUS is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services" .
The EUS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The EUS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SCB, a new IAM Security Service is being created. This requires a highly skilled and experienced Cyber and Network Security leader to build the new team and capability improve Bank's network security posture in order protect the Bank from complex cyber threats .
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Providing 24 x 7 supports for security in production systems as necessary to proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information of the company.
- The administration of user accounts, including system access rights, across all IT services within the enterprise. It also includes the administration of Non-User Service accounts in conduction with the needs of System Administration.
- Creation/modification/deletion of various platform IDs accounts administration.
- Technical execution of security management and user administration procedures.
- Review security-related access rights practices, directives and guidelines.
- Maintain user security roles/access provision supporting production and DR/BCP environments.
- Identify and highlight to the appropriate authority any service concern or improvement opportunity.
- Take End to End ownership of Technology incidents and Requests in order to resolve them within agreed objectives and to the satisfaction of customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction through improved service and quality. All escalation timely responded and closed.
- Expected to meet or exceed key measures and objectives of your role. Ensure performance, productivity, skill and quality in line with the expectations
- Develop understanding of ITSC business solution and seek out improvement opportunities
- Adherence to the specified standards of Quality and Audit / Risk requirements
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times and Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- To build relationship & network with stakeholders
- Having Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in IT; out of which at least 2 - 3 years experience in Identity & Access Management and Information Security, on large and complex projects/ operations.
- Strong Data Analytic skill
- 2 - 5 years of experience in Banking Security Administration and System Reporting services sector preferred.
- In-depth understanding of Information Access Management and Service Management concepts.
- Knowledge in various Technology Platforms and Access Provisioning. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, Mainframe,AS400, Work Items , RACF admin highly preferred.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, establish facts and make recommendations in written and oral form
- Possess strong decision making, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong business / stake holder engagement skills
- Time management skills with the ability to effectively follow up and track information
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team is an added advantage
- Having relevant certifications like CISSP, ITIL will be an added advantage
- Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
- Experience with defining and implementing operating models and driving organizational change
- Ability to contribute and control programme and/or project management in the context of a significant amount of change
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of target audiences.
- Good working knowledge of software application: Outlook (advance), Word (advance), Powerpoint (advance), Excel (advance)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .