Analyst - FMO
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure reporting processes and control checks are executed timely and all exceptions in reporting processes are managed and/or resolved in accordance to the documented procedures/DOIs
- Ensure all the queries from/to internal teams involved in the target operating model, framework is followed up and resolved in a timely manner
- Operate key control/risk assessment procedures and provide appropriate management information for regulatory impacting functions within remit of role
- Manage relationships and communication with key internal and external stakeholders globally
- Participate in and assist with testing for projects/system enhancements and provide expertise on an ad hoc basis
- Escalate issues in accordance with the team/department/control framework escalation policies
- Understand the control environment in the bank and controls applicable to the job functions, to identify process control gaps and recommend possible solutions
- Generate, review and collate daily/weekly/monthly/ad hoc MI for analysis and distribution
- Provide high quality status updates to FM Regulatory Operations Regime Manager and other senior FM Operations management as requested and at appropriate junctures
- Present service metrics by GBS in a 'service review pack' for the month/ad hoc as requested to FM Regulatory Operations Regime Manager, Regulatory Operations Head and other relevant senior FM Operations management
- Proficiency in Chinese and English speaking and document reading/understanding is a must.
- Strong track record for executing and managing effective controls and efficient processes in an FM Operations environment is preferable but not essential.
- Domain expertise across financial markets products, particularly in the context of post-trade OTCD regulations such as EMIR, DF and MIFID is preferable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle for derivatives, including associated market infrastructure providers and capabilities is preferable but not essential.
- Conversant with MS Word and Power point. Advanced proficiency in MS Excel is a must.
- Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritization
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail
- Proficient presentation/communication skills
- Demonstrable strong teamwork with internal and external groups
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.