Account Receivables Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 23 Apr 19
Account Receivables Manager
The GFS in KL is part of Experian's Global Finance Services. The are 4 centres in total with the others being bases in Nottingham -England, Santiago-Chile and Sofia-Bulgaria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the APAC Region - Accounts Receivable Manager role to perform and deliver AR operation and process improvements via automation
To manage, influence and drive the Accounts Receivable team to deliver on its KPI's for Experian. Develop a world class collections function while streamlining the cash apps teams process. The role offers considerable exposure to the business, finance leaders, and the wider GFS teams. The post holder will be comfortable working in a dynamic fast paced target driven environment.
Further challenges including mixture of streamlining & improving existing tasks, stabilizing and automated the manual process to achieve efficiency; there will be regular changes in the composition of your responsibilities.
1. Managing Team
- Developing and managing the team performance so it is recognised as a world class function within its wider global AR community.
- Lead as a role model for the sups to follow. You will instil a robust culture of knowledge sharing and working together as well as implementing clear metrics to measure the success of the overall team.
- Manage Team KPI's and to make accountability and ownership of issues that arise.
- Knowledge transfer through training and mentoring across the team. Plan and prepare for Integrations and Improvements and build into objectives and accountability within the team.
- Lead and manage changes across virtual teams.
- Review key audit controls are being completed.
- Maintain project and AR module documentation
- Maintain and manage all procedures and training materials
- End to end review of O2C task completed and maintained to make sure all countries are aligned across APAC
- Lead on the momentum on workshops and be an empowerment advocate for the team.
- Regular calls with our financial controllers to resolve outstanding actions. Feedback on teams performance
- Set a culture of Cross training and support across the other country ledgers and align processes where possible
- Attend monthly update meetings across Managers, peers and teams when needed.
- Collection of debt owed by clients on behalf of Experian with an aim to achieving a monthly Days Billed Outstanding (DBO) less than 55 days and 5% of collectable debt over 60 days old
- Review debt collection progress report fortnightly (and at month end) and submit to finance management for review, in accordance with the Asia Pacific region debt collection policy
- Monitor and identify any unpaid and overdue invoices and perform credit collection activities in accordance with the Asia Pacific region debt collection policy
- Contact the client Accounts Payable department as necessary to follow up and secure payment of overdue invoices and maintain appropriate notes and reminders in Oracle Collections in accordance with the Asia Pacific region debt collection policy
- Escalate client invoice issues and disputes and significantly overdue invoices to country Sales and Finance contacts as appropriate and follow up to ensure resolution in accordance with the Asia Pacific region debt collection policy
- Produce and distribute reminder letters and statements for clients as required
- The production and distribution to key stakeholders, the country debt reports by WD10
- Achievement of monthly cash collection targets, as communicated monthly
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate or qualified to diploma/degree standard.
- A member of internationally recognised accountancy qualification would be an advantage, i.e. CPA, ACA, CGMA (CIMA) or equivalent.
- Previous experience in managing a diverse team working in a target driven environment
- Oracle EBS- AR knowledge would be of an advantage
- Microsoft Suite
Experiences & Skills:
- At least 10 years of post-qualification in managing a medium to large scale organization & responsible in AR end to end delivery.
- Evidence of comprehensive understanding of AR operation and audit requirements
- Strong understanding of process management & principles, SLA documentation and relevant KPI requirements
- Excellent financial skills combined with the ability to explain AR accounting concepts
- Effective team leader as well as team player; experienced in working with people at all levels in the organization.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide a diplomatic but robust challenge to colleagues at all levels where necessary.
- Resilient and durable, able to maintain momentum in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in an effective manner.
- Ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands, high transactional process, demonstrating accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills
- English proficiency is a must, thus, having additional language capability is an added advantage.
- Customer and output focused; good negotiation skill
- Ability to work with a virtual team and a high number of stakeholders
- Effective communication and presentation of propositions and solutions. Deliver and pitch ideas to a wide audience at different levels
- Process efficiency approach to everything. Making manual processes more automated.
- Ability to motivate and influence your team to ensure KPI's are delivered within specified timeframe
- Comfortable in driving and managing key stakeholders at senior level