AWS Marketplace & Control Services Solution Architect
As a trusted customer advocate, the primary responsibility of the solutions architect will be to help organizations and customers understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. The secondary objective is to connect technology - Control Services and 3rd Party Marketplace software, with measurable business value. You should be able to demonstrate the services, define solutions using the services, and solve technical challenges.
Qualities we are looking for (more important than Qualifications):
• Be great fun to work with
Love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of global customers.
• Ability to have Deep Architecture discussions
You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
• Attitude more important than Qualification.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of Marketplace and Control Services, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers, partners and account teams considering or already using MMCS
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Work with identified Customers to drive the integrated story of MMCS (POC, Customer workshops, PFR's to engineering)
• Work with identified ISV's to build a solution and architecture for end customer (guide and coordinate Implementation at customer site, Joint workshop with ISV to customer)
• Direct relationship with Customer Architects
• Convert recurring customer solutions into an artefact (Blog , Github, Whitepaper)
• Educate and Enable customers , partners and sales teams ( Speaking events , Workshops , Immersion days)
• Build solutions to plug the gaps in the services ( Narratives and Solutions) BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS using 3rd Party Software
- Experience with AWS Service Catalog and AWS Control Tower is preferred.
- Experience of Landing Zone implementations and challenges